Saving contacts in Google

herbeapuce

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi
Before my contacts were being saved in my Google account but now something has changed and they are being saved on my sim card. How to turn back to google please ? Thanks. Samsung S5

Last edited:

herbeapuce

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
thanks for your help.

I do not see Manage contacts if I click on the 3 vertical dots in contacts. but I see: Delete, speed dial, send message or email, settings and help. If I click on settings I see: Import/Export contacts, swipe to call or message . If I click on import/export contacts I see: import from device storage, export to device storage, import from SD card, Export from SD card, Import from SIM card, Export from SIM card.

can you help please ? thank you

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I have an S8 and using default Contacts app, figured it would be the same as your S5, but my options under the dots are very different. I'll move the thread to the S5 forum, hopefully your fellow owners will chime in with a solution :)

Mod Note: Thread moved for more visibility.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Open your phone dialer
Tap on "Contacts"
Tap the three dots
Tap "move device contacts to"
In the list that appears, tap "Google"

herbeapuce

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Open your phone dialer
Tap on "Contacts"
Tap the three dots
Tap "move device contacts to"
In the list that appears, tap "Google"

I do not see Move device contacts to ...

if I click on the 3 vertical dots in contacts I see:
Delete,
speed dial,
send message or email,
settings
help.
If I click on settings I see:
Import/Export contacts,
swipe to call or message .
If I click on import/export contacts I see:
import from device storage,
export to device storage,
import from SD card,
Export from SD card,
Import from SIM card,
Export from SIM card.

this is all I see in my Samsung S5

can you help ?
thanks
stef

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
No. Not in the CONTACTS app. In the phone dialer (hopefully my version of Android on my S5 is the same as yours).

- open the dialer
Screenshot 1.jpg

- Tap on the "Contacts" icon

Screenshot 2.jpg

- tap the three dots

Screenshot 3.jpg

- tap "move device contacts to" and pick your google account

herbeapuce

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
thank you very much for your help and your hard work. I found the culprit. I couldn't see the things you were seeing because my phone is set to easy mode. by switching to standard mode I now can the full options. I selected google account. thank you very much once again. Stef.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
thank you very much for your help and your hard work. I found the culprit. I couldn't see the things you were seeing because my phone is set to easy mode. by switching to standard mode I now can the full options. I selected google account. thank you very much once again. Stef.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid EASY MODE. I completely forgot about that. It's one of the most idiotic things that Samsung has ever done. So many people missing out on being able to properly use their devices because things are turned off because "oh, you'll never really need to see that so let's keep things clean looking"

Glad you've got it all sorted out! Happy Weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2