Chrome icon

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Somehow, I erased the icon for Chrome. I still have access to Chrome but I do not have a home screen icon. Trying to reinstall it does not permit me to reinstall it. How do I place a Chrome icon on my home screen?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just go to your application drawer, tap and hold the Chrome icon until it starts to 'float' over the Homescreen, drop it in an 'open space' and you're done. Chrome shortcut will be back on your homescreen :)

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
You can do this for ANY app that you want on your home screen. Just press and hold the icon, then drop it on your home screen.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but that doesn't work. My smartphone is a
Samsung Galaxy S5-Verizon Marshmallow. What else can I try? Thanks.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Uh, not really sure how that wouldn't work. That's basically the way for all launchers to place shortcuts on the homescreen and has remain unchanged for the last 8 years at least on all Android phones.

In case you just didn't understand the instructions, here's a video. Remember, it doesn't matter what Android version you are on, from Froyo to Nougat, the video below works. It's the same process for the past 8 years. Skip to 2.50 for the specific part.

https://youtu.be/cr3q935ODTI

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That might not work if you're using 'Easy Mode' on the launcher. If you long-press on an empty spot on your homescreen, does a menu pop up? Can you add shortcuts from there? What about pressing the menu button while on the homescreen?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
That video was no help. The application is in my application drawer but uninstalling and reinstalling does not bring the CHROME icon back. None of the suggestions have worked. I can work around the problem but it's very annoying. Any other suggestions.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That video was no help. The application is in my application drawer but uninstalling and reinstalling does not bring the CHROME icon back. None of the suggestions have worked. I can work around the problem but it's very annoying. Any other suggestions.
Have you confirmed that easy mode is not enabled, as SpookDroid said? Also, you could try this. Open Chrome - load any page - tap on the three dots top right and select 'add to home screen'. Do you get a shortcut for that page on your home screen?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Why are you uninstalling and reinstalling if the chrome is in your drawer? Uninstalling and reinstalling won't put it on the homescreen.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Easy mode is not installed but your workaround by "adding to the home screen" solves the problem. It's not the actual original "CHROME" icon, but it works. Thanks for your patience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital