Hello from Alberta. With a bad phone upgrade

Ken W1

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Hi folks. Ken here (an old fart workin in the patch of course). I'm on here because I have a big problem. I'm sortuv a new Android guy but I'm totally hooked now (thank you son). I bought a S5 neo awhile back and totally loved it. Until the other day when It upgraded to Nugat 7. Oh man does this phone suck now. [language redacted by Mod] phone service, bluetooth drops off, battery life is totally gone, you name it. It sucks. Not as bad as that
POS iphone mind you but I need help

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Intros forum to the S5 forum, since you're more likely to get an answer to your question here.

Wow, it's pretty amazing that Samsung decided to update the S5 Neo to Nougat -- this was an official update over-the-air, rather than a manual download from a website, right? Have you already tried wiping the cache partition? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28492

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes - the Canadian S5 Neo upgraded to Nougat a few weeks ago.
As much as most people don't want to, I would first suggest a full factory reset. When going from one full version to another (like your Marshmallow to Nougat - 6 to 7), it is always recommended. It's not the phone giving you your problems, but most likely the leftovers from 6.0 and outdated apps.

Try a full reset (let me know if you want the steps), then redownload and allow all your apps to update. You will most definitely find a difference between night and day.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central Ken, sorry you're having trouble with your device.

Thankfully, there are always members here that will help you out.

Let us know if you need help with that factory reset, if you decide to go that route.
And remember to back up all your documents, pictures, videos and important stuff from the device before doing the factory reset.

Sent From Inside the TARDIS with my Note 8

Xavier Black

Banned
Aug 31, 2017
Visit site
..also you can always go back as far to 5.0 or even lower..I did that upgrade..because that was a horrible downgrade for me being in 6.0 or 7.0..

Let me know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos