I'm using Ting, but I don't think that matters. I just need a "Sprint" rom.

Model #: SM-G900P
    Software version: G900PVPU2BOD3
    Hardware version: G900P.04
    Android version: 5.0
    Kernel version: 3.4.0-4631307
    Build #: LRX21T.G900PVPU2DOB3

I rooted it at some point since I got it (used), so when I try "System Update", it complains that:

"The operating system on your device has been modified in an unauthorized way. Try downloading software updates using Samsung Kies on your PC, or visit a customer service center."

I also installed Philz Touch 6 a while back. I think I have to use that, but can someone point me to the latest version of Android and some instructions?
    11-27-2017 01:27 PM
    You will need to download ODIN from here

https://odindownload.com/

And use it to flash the firmware to 6.0.1 from here

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s5/SM-G900P/

Be sure to read the instructions on the ODIN site - the firmware is legitimate, authorized firmware from Samsung. You will lose root and may not be able to regain it (I can't say if you will or will not)
    Dougmeister likes this.
    11-27-2017 04:12 PM
    Ting is an MVNO, they don't issue updates. They use Sprint and TMobile, so you'd have to be on to Sprint to get updates.

It's complaining about the phone being rooted. When you flash the new ROM, you'll have to root again (if there's a root method for QC2). You can't update a rooted firmware.

You can get 6.0.1 QC2 at SamMobile Firmwares, then see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN. (But be sure to back up EVERYTHING, because flashing firmare wipes all your files.)
    ironass and Dougmeister like this.
    11-27-2017 04:18 PM
    Thanks.

Can you recommend a good tool to remove bloatware from this version of Android or should I start another thread?
    11-28-2017 08:43 PM
    Once you upgrade and re-root, just install (purchase) Titanium Backup from the Play Store. Once you're rooted, you can uninstall system apps. Just be careful that you don't uninstall anything required to run Android. If you just want them to "go away" and get disabled, you can download "Package Disabler Pro" from the Play store. It works on Samsung phones and will allow you to disable system apps without uninstalling. That app does NOT require root.
    Dougmeister likes this.
    11-29-2017 01:47 PM
    Thanks.

One more question: what is the difference between a "nandroid backup" (which is when using TWRP, as I understand it) and a Titanium Backup?
    11-30-2017 06:19 AM
    Nevermind. I guess nandroid is a full "disk image" backup and Titanium is just individual applications.
    12-03-2017 08:03 PM