G900A S5

baylinv

Dec 18, 2017
Visit site
Sorry to beat a dead horse over the head. I have spent hours searching, BUT there is so much info I am running around in circles.

To make things short, I want to still use my S5 (AT&T) but it seems to be running slower than ever as the apps get bigger. The main issue is when opening the google map, it takes a while to load up and be ready to use. I have been looking into viper rom since it seems to be the quickest...however I am not even sure if I can run it. Turns out there are tons of threads saying I can't root my phone.

I just want to know the simplest thing I can do to make the phone useful again. I don't play games on my phone, it is all work and browsing related along with YouTube. Thanks in advance!

Phone Info:
- SAMSUNG-SM-G900A
- ANDROID VERSION: 5.0
- BUILD NUMBER: LRX21T.G900AUCU3BOC4
- PHONE IS UNLOCKED

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to beat a dead horse over the head. I have spent hours searching, BUT there is so much info I am running around in circles.

To make things short, I want to still use my S5 (AT&T) but it seems to be running slower than ever as the apps get bigger. The main issue is when opening the google map, it takes a while to load up and be ready to use. I have been looking into viper rom since it seems to be the quickest...however I am not even sure if I can run it. Turns out there are tons of threads saying I can't root my phone.

I just want to know the simplest thing I can do to make the phone useful again. I don't play games on my phone, it is all work and browsing related along with YouTube. Thanks in advance!

Phone Info:
- SAMSUNG-SM-G900A
- ANDROID VERSION: 5.0
- BUILD NUMBER: LRX21T.G900AUCU3BOC4
- PHONE IS UNLOCKED

Thanks to AT&T making this the most carrier bloated Galaxy S5 model on the planet as well as introducing the mega locked down bootloader, see #1.6 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide, a lot of options such a debloated, up-to-date, custom ROMs, kernels and mods that other Galaxy S5 owners are now enjoying, are not available to the G900A model for AT&T.

The best you can do is to do a Factory Data Reset of the phone and reformat your SD card and reload everything in a clean install. This should show you some speed increase and offer more space. Remember that any apps that you move over to the SD card will run slower than those on the built-in phone memory... so avoid doing this if possible.

baylinv

Dec 18, 2017
Visit site
Dang it, thanks for the reply. I was really tired of reading all the threads (new and old and then VERY old threads) only to fine that I was reading on the wrong phone model. You just saved my countless hours or researching and watching videos only to be even more confused.

Thank for the info and thanks for the reply.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech