Samsung Galaxy S5 won't get past logo screen with SIM and SD card on?

ButterflyBush

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
Hi, sorry for any grammar mistake. So I've been using Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900H) for 3,5 years.

1. I never updated my OS until a few months ago from its original KitKat 4.4 to Marshmallow 6.0.1. Since then every time I unlock my phone, the screen will become black but I know that it's responding, it even detects my fingerprint. Sometimes I just need to wait and unlock it a few more times, but most of the times I opt to just plug off the battery.

2. Yesterday when I restarted my phone, suddenly it's stuck on the "Samsung" logo. I waited for 30 mins and nothing. I then took the SIM and SD card off, then it worked, although it's still a bit slower (from 2 secs there to almost 10). I tried to put on the SIM card only and SD card only and neither worked. Still the same until now. HOWEVER, when I unlock the phone, it doesn't become black anymore. At least so far.

Things that I've tried:
- Wiping the cache partition.
- Entering the safe mode. (I have no idea what it did, but the booting still takes 10 secs)
- Reinstalling the OS with SamMobile Firmwares and this whole Odin thing.

Should I try to factory reset? I honestly don't want to go through the whole back-up/recovery process only for it to not be fixed. Or is it maybe the time to get a new phone?

Thank you! ;)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi, sorry for any grammar mistake. So I've been using Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900H) for 3,5 years.

1. I never updated my OS until a few months ago from its original KitKat 4.4 to Marshmallow 6.0.1. Since then every time I unlock my phone, the screen will become black but I know that it's responding, it even detects my fingerprint. Sometimes I just need to wait and unlock it a few more times, but most of the times I opt to just plug off the battery.

2. Yesterday when I restarted my phone, suddenly it's stuck on the "Samsung" logo. I waited for 30 mins and nothing. I then took the SIM and SD card off, then it worked, although it's still a bit slower (from 2 secs there to almost 10). I tried to put on the SIM card only and SD card only and neither worked. Still the same until now. HOWEVER, when I unlock the phone, it doesn't become black anymore. At least so far.

Things that I've tried:
- Wiping the cache partition.
- Entering the safe mode. (I have no idea what it did, but the booting still takes 10 secs)
- Reinstalling the OS with SamMobile Firmwares and this whole Odin thing.

Should I try to factory reset? I honestly don't want to go through the whole back-up/recovery process only for it to not be fixed. Or is it maybe the time to get a new phone?

Thank you! ;)

You appear to have taken all the usual steps to resolve your issue... to no avail. Therefore, a FULL Factory Data Reset is the only option left as this tends to sort out these sort of problems. See #2.3 & #2.4 of post #2 of S5 Update Problems - Dummies Guide

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer