possible to get oem battery anymore for s5?

laraby

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi, time to get a new battery for my old trusty S5. I'd like to get OEM but Samsung is giving me the run-around and I'm guessing they don't sell them. Are any of the batteries sold online as OEM really legit? Is there a brand that I can count on being good? thanks in advance

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Look on Amazon for the brand Anker. Can't go wrong with Anker at all. Do NOT buy a Samsung OEM battery anywhere other than Samsung. I wouldn't trust any of them.

jljecj

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi, time to get a new battery for my old trusty S5. I'd like to get OEM but Samsung is giving me the run-around and I'm guessing they don't sell them. Are any of the batteries sold online as OEM really legit? Is there a brand that I can count on being good? thanks in advance
Got one from verizon last year while they still had the phone for sale. Tried ebay and got a fake. Time for a new phone. Such a shame.

sanyka78

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
After getting a fake Samsung battery on ebay went with power bear from Amazon. Can't be happier. Battery as good as original was when it was new. With moderate use getting 4 sot on charge.
Doubt true oem Samsung batteries still exist (

Moni Mihailov

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey there everyone, I 'think' I should replace my battery but am not so sure so thought I'd ask you here first what you think. Basically I get at best (with my usage) 9 hours total time and 3 hours screen-on time. My usage includes 1-2-3 hours of music via Spotify or Poweramp. Some YouTube for 1 hour max and 1-2 hours of Opera browsing. When I'm out I'm on 4G and while I'm home and on WiFi Tasker puts it in 2G mode so that the signal is stronger (and possibly to save some battery life). Got Greenify, Amplify and a few Xposed modules. FB, WhatsApp, Discord, Skype always running, Sync on only while charging. Also worth noting is that when I plug my phone to charge from 1% it says it needs 1 hour to fully charge to 100%. Wasn't it around 2 hours and a bit more for a full charge? (I forgot how a brand new battery feels xd). Would like some input on this. I can find OEM Sammy batteries here still, even if not from Samsung stores (idk if there are any or where they are lol). It's still a trusted store, my last battery is from there and it's been around 2 years 'til now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463