My mother can no longer use voice commands to take pictures (shoot, cheese, smile). I went into the camera's settings and the microphone icon for the option isn't listed. It used to be. I went to the play store to see if I could find the same Samsung camera app (looking for icon) but didn't find it. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
    Thanks!
    04-23-2018 10:03 PM
    I'm sorry if this sounds silly, but I found this by complete accident. If you are holding the phone in portrait mode to take a picture and you press the settings icon, you only get a partial feature list. I thought too that the voice control was deleted.

If however you hold the phone in landscape and THEN press settings, you get the full feature list. It seems a little odd but there you go.
    04-25-2018 12:42 AM
    Thank you for replying I found it last night while searching on line. You can still find the mic in settings in portrait mode, you just need to scroll down Mom is a happy camper once again! It looks like the end of the icons under settings but if you'll scroll down, you'll find a couple more.
    04-25-2018 12:54 AM
    Thank you for replying I found it last night while searching on line. You can still find the mic in settings in portrait mode, you just need to scroll down Mom is a happy camper once again! It looks like the end of the icons under settings but if you'll scroll down, you'll find a couple more.
    Oh for the love of........How long have I had this phone? Almost 4 yrs and I learnt something new. A simple down arrow in portrait mode would have cleared this whole sordid mess up. ������

Good luck to me operating my next phone, Note 9 or S10. I'll need it.
    04-25-2018 04:04 AM
    Oh for the love of........How long have I had this phone? Almost 4 yrs and I learnt something new. A simple down arrow in portrait mode would have cleared this whole sordid mess up. ������

Good luck to me operating my next phone, Note 9 or S10. I'll need it.
    "Oh for the love of"...Pete? I haven't heard that phrase since the last time I used it LOL
    I wonder how I found it all those years ago when I had my S5? I guess I knew and then forgot.
    04-26-2018 03:13 AM