Is my Samsung S5 rootable?

Abdulrahman88

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site
Hello :)

I tried that before, but I failed because I only get FAIL error via Odin3 v3.12.3.

Phone Model: SM-G900F
Device Type: klte
PN: kltexx

Product Code: SM-G9006ZKAXSG
CSC Country: UAE / AE
Android Version: 5.0

My goal: I just want to install Android Pie, or Oreo (8) on it.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello :)

I tried that before, but I failed because I only get FAIL error via Odin3 v3.12.3.

Phone Model: SM-G900F
Device Type: klte
PN: kltexx

Product Code: SM-G9006ZKAXSG
CSC Country: UAE / AE
Android Version: 5.0

My goal: I just want to install Android Pie, or Oreo (8) on it.

The Galaxy S5model G900F, klte, running android 5.0 is most definitely rootable.

See, firmware.mobi

Rooting requires research and reading and is for competent and experienced users.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure" ;)

Abdulrahman88

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Here's the thing, I have the same issue as this user:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/help/samsung-galaxy-sm-9006v-registered-sm-t3486867

SM-G900F on the sticker but in ODIN mode it says SM-G9006V. Before going to download mode, I get the warning message in Chinese.

I'm confused, I don't know which tar one should I download.

It all becomes crystal clear now that you have given the full details regarding this phone.

The phone is the China Unicom model, G9006V that is designed specifically for that carrier and WCDMA network. See #1.5 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide.

It has subsequently been rooted and had a clone custom ROM for the G900F, Global model, flashed to it to enable partial use outside of China and the WCDMA network and to, possibly, use the Google Play Store which is not available in China.

Any rooting, custom recoveries and ROMs will need to be compatible with the G9006V and not G900F... which this is not.

I am guessing that you got this phone either from the web or a friend who wanted rid of it. In my personal opinion, this phone is about as good as it will get, right now. Forget Oreo or custom ROMs if you live outside of China and the Unicom network.

Abdulrahman88

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site
It all becomes crystal clear now that you have given the full details regarding this phone.

The phone is the China Unicom model, G9006V that is designed specifically for that carrier and WCDMA network. See #1.5 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide.

It has subsequently been rooted and had a clone custom ROM for the G900F, Global model, flashed to it to enable partial use outside of China and the WCDMA network and to, possibly, use the Google Play Store which is not available in China.

Any rooting, custom recoveries and ROMs will need to be compatible with the G9006V and not G900F... which this is not.

I am guessing that you got this phone either from the web or a friend who wanted rid of it. In my personal opinion, this phone is about as good as it will get, right now. Forget Oreo or custom ROMs if you live outside of China and the Unicom network.
I bought it from a local store in Saudi Arabia back in 2016. BTW my phone supports LTE :/

Appreciate your knowledge man. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463