Play Store began auto updating apps

HollandJP

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Play Store recently began auto updating apps on my Galaxy S5, while auto update is disabled. I've seen answers saying to go to app manager and disable auto update for each individual app. I don't see this option for any apps viewed in App Manager. Same goes for Galaxy Apps and the Samsung App store. This is really pissing me off. I know Google has been changing all sorts of things in virtually all their apps lately, but this is unacceptable. Am I missing something, or is this just Google's next step towards taking total control of our lives?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a bug in the latest Play Store app version, since I've been seeing this a lot lately. Send feedback to Google from within the Play Store's settings.

HollandJP

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I have sent feedback to Google regarding all kinds of issues with various Google apps and never, ever, received a reply. I hate wasting my time sending feedback into a black hole. But I'll try it again, even though it pains me to do it. What other choice do I have? Yeah, I know, none...
Thanks for the input, though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, Google doesn't send replies when you give feedback. However, that doesn't mean they ignore it. There are many bugs that get reported in forums, which then get picked up by tech blogs, and then get fixed by Google -- it's hard to say if this is because they got noticed due to the articles written about them, or because of feedback sent to Google. But I still think that the more feedback Google gets about a particular issue, the more likely they are to look into it.