How do I get rid of "Apps with permission" pop up?

carter2033

Dec 17, 2018
Visit site
I am getting an "Apps with permission" page popping up numerous times a day on a Galaxy S5....
At the top of the screen it says "Apps with permission". Below that it says "Change system settings" and has an Off/On button to the right. Below that line, it says "Select which apps can change system settings, such as turning Bluetooth on or off". Regardless of whether the button is set to On or Off, the pop up page appears when using any app. I have gone into Application Manager and checked/confirmed permissions on various apps - that has not helped eliminate the pop up. This situation started just a few days ago - it had not happened in 4 years of using this phone. How do I get rid of it?

Jogger121

Dec 17, 2018
Visit site
I am getting an "Apps with permission" page popping up numerous times a day on a Galaxy S5....
At the top of the screen it says "Apps with permission". Below that it says "Change system settings" and has an Off/On button to the right. Below that line, it says "Select which apps can change system settings, such as turning Bluetooth on or off". Regardless of whether the button is set to On or Off, the pop up page appears when using any app. I have gone into Application Manager and checked/confirmed permissions on various apps - that has not helped eliminate the pop up. This situation started just a few days ago - it had not happened in 4 years of using this phone. How do I get rid of it?

I am getting the exact same problem. It began only a few days ago. If you notice, it does not happen when you have the volume control all the way down. As soon as the volume is turned up, the notices begin. I tried running in safe mode (no third party apps) and the problem doesn't appear. That's all the info I have so far. I'm at the end of my troubleshooting ability unless I begin removing apps one at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Can you post a screenshot with that pop up? It's possible that it's caused by an app that you downloaded. What do you see if you open the recent apps/multitasking right after the pop up shows up?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I am getting the exact same problem. It began only a few days ago. If you notice, it does not happen when you have the volume control all the way down. As soon as the volume is turned up, the notices begin. I tried running in safe mode (no third party apps) and the problem doesn't appear. That's all the info I have so far. I'm at the end of my troubleshooting ability unless I begin removing apps one at a time.
See this guide for possible solutions.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=901497

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the screenshot was posted correctly. It looks like a system message by the fact that it didn't occur while in safe mode makes me think that the culprit is an app that you downloaded.

Tap the multitasking button when it shows up, take a screenshot a post it here.

Jogger121

Dec 17, 2018
Visit site
Once again it will never show with the volume muted, but as soon as I turn ring tone up it appears constantly

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-17-06-58-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-12-17-06-58-42.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 5

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
S5 Galaxy
Not sure what else to suggest. It's possible that it's caused by a bug specific to the S5, but the safe mode left me unsure. You could try enabling the Developer Options and check your running services, as explained in that guide I linked above.

The S5 forum is not very active but I could move this thread there if you both agree.

SciAm

Dec 19, 2018
Visit site
Same here. It's like some update Google (Android), Samsung or Verizon pushed has broken the system for S5 users. PLEASE help us. This is a good phone that is working fine, does not need replacing, except that the latest software push has apparently broken it, enough to be really annoying but not impossible to use. If this is not solved, I am leaving both Verizon and Samsung on my next "forced upgrade."

jlg05

Dec 19, 2018
Visit site
I seem to be having this also on my Note 4 -- I did NOT do any system updates lately.
MINE says "Phone Settings" at the top, and then if I click the icon to see what is causing it, I get an APP INFO window.
If I try to force stop it, the window goes away, but it doesn't die.
This just started a few days ago.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I seem to be having this also on my Note 4 -- I did NOT do any system updates lately.
MINE says "Phone Settings" at the top, and then if I click the icon to see what is causing it, I get an APP INFO window.
If I try to force stop it, the window goes away, but it doesn't die.
This just started a few days ago.

Which app info window do you get? A system app or one that you downloaded?

eddiecat

Dec 19, 2018
Visit site
I have a Samsung S5 and have also recently started having this problem in the past couple of weeks. Haven't done any system updates, haven't installed any new apps. I checked the Running Processes in Developer Options and there doesn't appear to be anything unusual there. Am very interested in any possible solutions as this is driving me crazy! I have also noticed that this does not occur when the volume is turned all the way down.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21