Can't Access More Settings On S5

deke40

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I have always been able to get to the call forwarding settings under "More Settings" on my AT&T Galaxy S5 running Marshmallow.

Now I get the "Failed to read data- Network or Sim card error. Three days ago I called customer service and got somebody in a foreign country I couldn't understand to help with blocking robocalls. I had over 50 robos in a row inside of 1 hour with what appeared to be spoofed numbers. The person did something to combat this, I couldn't understand him, and 3 days later I happen to notice the problem with my call forwarding.I don't actually know what they did at AT&T but I have only had one "don't know who calls" and it might have been a wrong number call.

The only thing that bugs me is when I go to "More Settings" in the Call section I get the "Failed To Read Data" -Network or SIM card errror.
It shows all my call forwarding options(Forward when busy-Forward when unaswered- and Forward when unreachable) or off but if I test all three of them they work. I found they had a lot of trouble with this in the early days of my S5 and other phones. I haven't found a way to remedy it yet. Hate to
call AT&T as I will get outsourced and not be able to understand them. I guess as it is working I should leave it alone but still bugs me that these settings
are not reachable. I still have the old * codes to do it manually but as their working anyway that would not be productive.

I just switched my SIM card to my wife's S5 and the "More Settings" worked and my "Call Forwarding Options" were all on as I had ascertained before.
Still wonder why I can't view the same settings on my S5. Something phone related I guess. Going compare settings on both phones.

deke40

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Bit the bullet and went by the AT&T store. A nice young lady guided me to Backup & Reset-Reset Network Settings and walla my problem was solved. I had actually looked for a setting like that but not there.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And you can't block robocalls - they're no different, as far as the phone or the system is concerned than legitimate calls.

Only the FCC can stop spoofed callerID, but with the state of the government right now, it may be well into the 202s before they look into it (if they decide to - which they should, as far as I'm concerned - the name should be accurate or it should be an illegal call, the number should be legitimate or it should be an illegal call, and the penalties for violating either should be a permanent ban on obtaining phone service of any kind for the company and all of its officers).