Cannot backup/restore Message+ messages and data

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am trying to backup Message+ messages from an old S5 to a brand new S5. I've tried SmartSwitch and Coolmuster Android Assistant with unacceptable results... Upon restore to the new S5, entire "conversations" were missing or were missing messages. There was a new unnamed conversation that held various messages missing from other conversations. No photos from MMS messages, outgoing or incoming; were restored with the message. I did a "factory restore" on the new phone between each restore attempt. I tried saving conversations to an SD card, but there is no "arrow" to open a box to select the SD card as shown in one of the tutorials. SD card is formatted and mounted... I am not using the "integrated messaging" service or any cloud storage that would otherwise sync. I have most applications disabled and all I really use the phone for is texting and pictures. I've spent way too much time and effort simply trying to "clone" messages and attached photos to a new phone! Someone somewhere in a post about a similar problem suggested that some index files were corrupted... But everything still works just fine on the "old" phone! What am I doing wrong?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol