Why does my android phone memory give error?

Ne12345

Jul 20, 2019
Visit site
Hello,
I was writing in this forum because my androind samsung j5 phone was working correctly, suddenly while I was sending a video in whatsapp to my friend appears a message that the memory is full even it is not true.

Please can someone help me to understand why?
Thanks

gmoore114

Jun 18, 2019
Visit site
Your phone only has 1.5GB of RAM memory.
Memory and storage space are two different things. The operating system and apps are loaded from storage into your RAM memory when they are used.
Most phones have two or more GB of RAM. Never used one but there are RAM cleanup apps in the store. If you try one read the reviews carefully.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
DO NOT USE A "RAM CLEANUP" APP! Google cleans up its own RAM. The message is probably referring to storage (Android calls storage "memory" - technically it is - it's "flash memory", not a spinning disk [watch for a change in PC language as SSDs become more popular, and people start referring to the PC's storage as memory).

The only way you can know whether the storage is full is to run the command df in a terminal app. While the phone may have 8 or 16 GB total storage, it's partitioned, and you only get to put anything (including apps) on one partition - and that could be as small as 1GB (or even a little less).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays