When will we have S6 active area?

brancross

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I believe it will be available soon in att. Can't wait to see the phone in store.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It looks pretty cool. It will appeal to anyone wanting a bigger battery. A bigger battery isn't enough to make me consider it.

I am never in an environment harsh enough to need it. Not sure how fingerprint scanner is gonna work.

If battery life is an issue, no replaceable battery and no card slot. The design is a little too much like the GS5, an anachronism or throwback to an era superseded by the premium material build of the GS6.

My Defender provides all the dust and water intrusion protection I need. There is a water test video where a regular GS6 survives for a pretty long time. At the end of the day, it's all up to you and what works best for you.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

brancross

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
It looks pretty cool. It will appeal to anyone wanting a bigger battery. A bigger battery isn't enough to make me consider it.

I am never in an environment harsh enough to need it. Not sure how fingerprint scanner is gonna work.

If battery life is an issue, no replaceable battery and no card slot. The design is a little too much like the GS5, an anachronism or throwback to an era superseded by the premium material build of the GS6.

My Defender provides all the dust and water intrusion protection I need. There is a water test video where a regular GS6 survives for a pretty long time. At the end of the day, it's all up to you and what works best for you.

Still not sure whether the home bottom can recognize the finger prints......

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I like the the fingerprint security. If need water resistance for the pool/beach i will get the lifeproof case once it comes out.

I also saw it is only available with 32 GB which I usually get 64GB on my phones.

Posted via my Galaxy S6!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I like the the fingerprint security. If need water resistance for the pool/beach i will get the lifeproof case once it comes out.

I also saw it is only available with 32 GB which I usually get 64GB on my phones.

Posted via my Galaxy S6!

It seems that the device will have a more narrow appeal but 32GB should be enough for most folks as it at least has a decent sized battery.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
It seems that the device will have a more narrow appeal but 32GB should be enough for most folks as it at least has a decent sized battery.

I think its idiotic for them to only release it in 32gb.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I think its idiotic for them to only release it in 32gb.

It's a limited release. Why make more than one model? No card slot and replaceable battery is further reason for those who value them not to buy.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
It's a limited release. Why make more than one model? No card slot and replaceable battery is further reason for those who value them not to buy.

Limited release or not, I think it's poor marketing by AT&T and Samsung. The people who are more likely to be swayed by the bigger battery would also be more likely to purchase a 64GB or 128GB variant . If they are going to make it a 1 model release it should have been 64GB.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Limited release or not, I think it's poor marketing by AT&T and Samsung. The people who are more likely to be swayed by the bigger battery would also be more likely to purchase a 64GB or 128GB variant . If they are going to make it a 1 model release it should have been 64GB.

The battery won't be enough, IMO, as it lacks card slot and replaceable battery as well as the fingerprint scanner. If battery were the sole reason, the less than premium look and feel would be less appealing. If I am switching for the battery, I would want all the other features that I mentioned. I agree it would be great to have more storage but I don't fault Samsung or AT&T. The market is driving the decision.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The battery won't be enough, IMO, as it lacks card slot and replaceable battery as well as the fingerprint scanner. If battery were the sole reason, the less than premium look and feel would be less appealing. If I am switching for the battery, I would want all the other features that I mentioned. I agree it would be great to have more storage but I don't fault Samsung or AT&T. The market is driving the decision.

I think the market drove the decision to remove SD cards but I don't see how it leads to offering only the lowest storage option for the active. I think Samsung is missing what the market for the active wants and would be willing to buy in terms of internal storage. I see it as being a flop unless it's a 64GB.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the market drove the decision to remove SD cards but I don't see how it leads to offering only the lowest storage option for the active. I think Samsung is missing what the market for the active wants and would be willing to buy in terms of internal storage. I see it as being a flop unless it's a 64GB.

I would love to see 64GB as the lowest up to 256GB with only a $50 spread between them.

brooksman9

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Looking to upgrade in early July and switch to ATT because it is the only carrier that actually works in our building at work. Battery has been the biggest drawback for me on the S6 causing me to continue to debate between it, the M9 and the G4. Now I at least have another viable option. I can live without the fingerprint scanner and 32G is enough for me coming from a 16G iPhone. Work place can be pretty brutal at times too so the Active may serve me well anyway.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

The Otterbox Defender is NOT rated for water protection. I don't think folks need to be misled into believing that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante