How is the signal strength?

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Ive heard, maybe its only on Verizon, that Samsung's have weak cell phone signal. Is this true with the s6 active? Is it only with Verizon? How well does the active hold LTE?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen that Samsung's receivers are generally less sensitive than those of other manufacturers. Some phones do have production runs with problems (mainly from the antennas), but that's true of all manufacturers. (Remember the iPhone "don't hold it there" problem?)

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I haven't seen that Samsung's receivers are generally less sensitive than those of other manufacturers. Some phones do have production runs with problems (mainly from the antennas), but that's true of all manufacturers. (Remember the iPhone "don't hold it there" problem?)

Mine had and a few other people who I know on different carries had/have this issue with the new LG g4.. That's one of the main reasons I have the Active today.

I am on AT&T and have excellent cell and WiFi coverage with my Active... Verizon has always been a little iffy for me.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
(G4)I don't have any issues with the signal. I just got an aluminum bumper case 2 weeks ago and the signal is still good. The test I have posted here is with the case on. In the past I had many issues with this type of case and I'm very happy that it doesn't do it on this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-07-10-41-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-07-10-41-50.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 68

Justified

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I live out in the woods and i get signal with the S6 that i didnt with the G4, and I get WiFi signal at work in my break room that i didnt before with the G4.

Emyree

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Telstra (which is the largest network provider in Australia) and I usually get full coverage but 2 weeks after getting my new LG G4, my reception keeps dropping out completely... it'll say I have 3 bars reception, but when I check network, it tells me I have -115dBm and if I try to make a call, it'll go from 3 bars to immediately nothing and then say "out of service area". If someone tries to call me, it'll get sent straight to my voicemail.

I've done all the normal troubleshooting, including a sim swap, as well as putting the sim in another phone (S4) and it works perfectly fine.

I think it's a phone issue, but nobody else seems to be having the same issue as I am or even similar...

J Zielenski

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
S6 active. Was on strait talk with sprint as the carrier on my gs3. Swapped to this s6active on att! Not pleased at all. Service area isn't near as good and even in my own home with an ac1900 Linksys Wi-Fi router service diminished immensely. I wish I could blame att, however my company phone an s5 crapple, also att has much better service. Perhaps I've got settings wrong or the phone just doesn't like me. I'll take any and all suggestions.

Posted via the Android Central App ~GS6Active~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci