Swipe required despite PIN set?

daf999999

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I have my S6 active set to lock after 10 minutes (but not lock on power key) and to unlock with entry of pin. That works fine. But if I unlock and then hit the power key to turn off screen - when I turn on the screen 2 minutes later it requires me to swipe the screen to use it. I would like to disable the redundant swipe -- in other words, while the phone is unlocked I would like to be able to turn the screen on and off without having to swipe to access

I can't find any setting to fix this. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know there's no way to remove that two-steps unlocking. You can limit when your phone will lock using the Smart lock options. Maybe there's a custom rom that changes the unlock settings but I've never heard of such a thing.

daf999999

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried in Settings > lockscreen & security > secure lock settings?

None of the suggestions eliminate the "second swipe" issue I raised above. I suspect that its purpose is to avoid **** dials but it is incredibly annoying and may cause me to return the phone.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
None of the suggestions eliminate the "second swipe" issue I raised above. I suspect that its purpose is to avoid **** dials but it is incredibly annoying and may cause me to return the phone.

My last post was a reply to Clevendore's question. As I said before, I haven't found a way to avoid that swipe up before unlocking. I'll include the quote to avoid confusion.

dingyibvs

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
This was already addressed in a previous thread. There's no way to disable the swipe, but you can get around it by using a third party launcher and binding the active key to it. Then enable the active key during lock screen and use it in place of the power key.