Took my 2 week old gs6 active to the beach. Never brought it in the ocean, just took pics, and used the phone on the beach. Now it would charge using the USB. It will only charge using a wireless pad. I have tried washing the port out and won't work. Going on 2 days now. Any ideas? Not sure if a factor reset would help.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-18-2015 03:51 PM
    Sorry to hear. I wonder if some sand got in the port. ??
    07-18-2015 08:04 PM
    Do you have any canned air? Try blowing the port out, just make sure the can stays level so you don't eject propellant into the port too. AoN
    07-18-2015 08:55 PM
    Try the can air thing, didn't work. Went to the att store, they are going to warranty the phone. So now I get a refurbished phone. But they told me that if the phone that doesn't work shows signs of water damage, when I return it, I will have to pay for the refurbished one. Isn't it water proof? It's never been under water, just rinsed it under the sink a couple of times.

07-19-2015 10:27 PM
    Sand is hard on any electronics. Wouldn't trust any tough phone to tolerate it well.
    07-20-2015 07:32 AM
    Try the can air thing, didn't work. Went to the att store, they are going to warranty the phone. So now I get a refurbished phone. But they told me that if the phone that doesn't work shows signs of water damage, when I return it, I will have to pay for the refurbished one. Isn't it water proof? It's never been under water, just rinsed it under the sink a couple of times.

Tell them to watch the ad for it, regardless of what they're telling you.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active
    07-20-2015 08:50 AM

What? I would fight ATT on that...
    07-20-2015 11:46 AM

I would ask for a non-refurbished for sure. If you didn't get water damage then you should be good.

Tell them to watch the ad for it, regardless of what they're telling you.

I believe the commercial has a "*" and at the bottom states only 4-5 feet (or something of that nature). It really depends how far someone went underwater with it for that to be efficient.
    07-20-2015 03:03 PM
    I would ask for a non-refurbished for sure. If you didn't get water damage then you should be good.

I believe the commercial has a "*" and at the bottom states only 4-5 feet (or something of that nature). It really depends how far someone went underwater with it for that to be efficient.
    Actually they have no way of determining this unless the seals are blown from the outside pressure on it...and rinsing the phone off in the sink isn't going to cause this or dumps into the tub or hosing it off. To say if there is water damage they aren't responsible is ludicrous. This is the whole point of the phone unlike all other s6 variants

07-20-2015 05:00 PM
    Actually they have no way of determining this unless the seals are blown from the outside pressure on it...and rinsing the phone off in the sink isn't going to cause this or dumps into the tub or hosing it off. To say if there is water damage they aren't responsible is ludicrous. This is the whole point of the phone unlike all other s6 variants

I get what the phone is for -- Just saying they don't mean fully waterproof as in 100% anything goes. There are limits.
    07-20-2015 05:07 PM
    Wow. The S6 Active is marketed as being a device you can use in the elements. The commercials seem to focus on this.

from mobile
    07-20-2015 05:13 PM
    I get what the phone is for -- Just saying they don't mean fully waterproof as in 100% anything goes. There are limits.
    Sure sure...I agree, but at the same time for a store rep to even say anything about it is just flat out wrong. It's not like the op went scuba diving with it without it being in a diving case .......What's folks to believe since these phones are marketed to take minor dips into water. This is just wrong on any account for them to even bring it up at this point.

07-20-2015 07:07 PM
    The rep was probably delivering a standard warning. AoN
    07-20-2015 08:06 PM
    Sure sure...I agree, but at the same time for a store rep to even say anything about it is just flat out wrong. It's not like the op went scuba diving with it without it being in a diving case .......What's folks to believe since these phones are marketed to take minor dips into water. This is just wrong on any account for them to even bring it up at this point.

I get that as well -- I am simply posting "waterproof" doesn't mean you can do w/e you want with it. I am simply stating it that way if people come to the forums they understand / know this. .
    07-20-2015 11:04 PM

There are sensors in the phone to be able to check how far and how much pressure there was with water on a water resistance phone to determine if you followed the rules on how far and long toy had it under water so you should be good on the water part and a refurbished phone is the same as if you had your phone for a couple weeks except they always send one that's practically straight out of the box. Samsung told me that's how they determine water damage to water resistance phones including att by checking a sensor within the phone to test the pressure, according to samsung there are three water sensors if the 3rd is damaged then your liable if not you were within the perimeters

07-21-2015 03:25 PM
    There are sensors in the phone to be able to check how far and how much pressure there was with water on a water resistance phone to determine if you followed the rules on how far and long toy had it under water so you should be good on the water part and a refurbished phone is the same as if you had your phone for a couple weeks except they always send one that's practically straight out of the box. Samsung told me that's how they determine water damage to water resistance phones including att by checking a sensor within the phone to test the pressure, according to samsung there are three water sensors if the 3rd is damaged then your liable if not you were within the perimeters

There's no such sensor in the phone.
    07-22-2015 06:23 AM
    There's no such sensor in the phone.
    I'm sure that they can use what is in it to tell...

The ratings on this phone is impressive. .

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9345/s...laxy-s6-active

07-22-2015 07:41 AM
    I'm sure that they can use what is in it to tell...

The ratings on this phone is impressive. .

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9345/s...laxy-s6-active

I'm sorry, but there is NO way they can tell the depth the phone was put in water. All they can see is if the there was water ingress or not.
    Please don't spread misinformation.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
    07-22-2015 07:44 AM
    I'm sorry, but there is NO way they can tell the depth the phone was put in water. All they can see is if the there was water ingress or not.
    Please don't spread misinformation.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
    Really....you know this for a fact? Do you work for Samsung? Have you had this phone completely apart yet to see everything in it and identified every component? If so then I bow to your wisdom, but until then I still think that they have a way of determining if it has been subjected to more pressure beyond the 1.5 meter depth rating. Please understand that this is my opinion, and I do believe that I am entitled to it.

07-22-2015 10:19 AM
    Really....you know this for a fact?

Part of my job is working with advanced sensors for other platforms (not phones, but military grade components). A pressure sensor that would be that size, and economically feasible to put in the phone for the sole purpose of warranty repair, is not going to be available (or even make good business sense for Samsung).

Even ignoring that, if there was such a sensor in it, it would have already been discussed with proof by now.
    Kennyb123 likes this.
    07-22-2015 10:27 AM
    Part of my job is working with advanced sensors for other platforms (not phones, but military grade components). A pressure sensor that would be that size, and economically feasible to put in the phone for the sole purpose of warranty repair, is not going to be available (or even make good business sense for Samsung).

Even ignoring that, if there was such a sensor in it, it would have already been discussed with proof by now.
    Hmm..I don't know. As new as this variant is one could think that,but then one could also think otherwise.

geoff215 likes this.
    07-22-2015 02:16 PM
    Well I've had this discussion numerous time with AT&T people. Samsung claims this and that but in the end, you'd end up fighting with Samsung, NOT AT&T because they don't claim anything. I find the whole thing ridiculous. This is why I still buy the insurance and NEVER try to test the boundaries of their "waterproof" claim. It's wrong but then there are a lot of things wrong about the way things are done these days.
    07-28-2015 12:40 PM
    This happened to me after I took the phone in the pool. I left in in some tap water for about 10 minutes then blew air into the port and let it dry for about 30 minutes. Worked fine after that. Not sure if that helps.
    08-04-2015 06:36 AM