I took my phone Galaxy S6 Active underwater and now it won't charge?

A

AC Question

took my phone galaxy s6 active underwater and now it won't charge? help please!

ive noticed that my phone had a "Gear vr" screen so i did the "power and volume down" reset. it worked fine and i tried charging it due to low battery and now it won't even charge at all.. any body had this problem?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: took my phone galaxy s6 active underwater and now it won't charge? help please!

It could have water damage. Have you contacted Samsung about it?

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: took my phone galaxy s6 active underwater and now it won't charge? help please!

note to self. Don't take my phone in the water. It's a hassle of it goes bad.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Samsung advertises this device as being water resistant according to ip68 standards. For it to not meet those standards is no fault of the consumer (unless you abuse, misuse, damage your device)

Their product manual states it is submersible up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes on the first page, yet the warranty says liquid damage is not covered.

Don't take it deep sea diving and don't leave it in the water longer than 30 mins.

Be patient with customer support and be prepared to explain everything.

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Mine did that too, but I took a hair dryer to the port and after 5 or so minutes, it charged again. Sorry to hear about your situation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

ive noticed that my phone had a "Gear vr" screen so i did the "power and volume down" reset. it worked fine and i tried charging it due to low battery and now it won't even charge at all.. any body had this problem?

Seems to be a VERY common problem
Try to dry out port with hair dryer

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm really leery about taking mine underwater now!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Always suck the charging port out with a vacuum, then apply blow dryer for a minute or 2....after you submerge the phone. Condensation will hang around in the port, causing grounding issues when plugged in.....could even cause shock or fire. NEVER plug power in, until you've done those 2 things.

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Always suck the charging port out with a vacuum, then apply blow dryer for a minute or 2....after you submerge the phone. Condensation will hang around in the port, causing grounding issues when plugged in.....could even cause shock or fire. NEVER plug power in, until you've done those 2 things.
Good suggestion! I've seen this suggested several times and it seems to work. But if this is what needs to be done after the S6A is submerged, Samsung should not have done away with the micro USB cover! I've never had this problem with my S5 Active done it has the micro USB cover...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active (with micro USB cover! :) )

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active using the Tapatalk app

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I had some charging issues after I went in the pool with mine. Hairdryer helped it get back to normal.

I bought these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4705682, however I haven't had the time or courage to bring it back into the pool. They kind of sit inside the charging port but they aren't really snug, so they feel like they'll fall out easily. They don't claim to be water proof, but I figured that if I had something in the port, it would help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze