Recent Apps key stopped working

troyamiller

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
S6 Active / AT&T - I've had the device for about a month. Unable to specifically put my finger on 'when', but recently (within the last 10 days, maybe), my Recent Apps button stopped working. I don't THINK it was immediately after a recent update, but I could be wrong. It seemed intermittent for a day or two; sometimes worked and sometimes didn't - I suspected that the device was just lagging and didn't think much of it. Within a few days (and after at least one restart), it doesn't work at all.

No issues with the device. No drops (at all), haven't pushed any buttons too hard, etc. - no real reason to suspect a hardware problem. Restarted in Safe Mode - still doesn't work. Did a factory data reset and still doesn't work. Loaded All In One Gestures, attempting to have that app redirect button functionality - and had no luck. It's like the OS isn't detecting the button press at all.

Anyone else run into this? Running Android v5.0.2... (as AT&T hasn't pushed v5.1.1 out to the S6 Active yet...)

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I suspect its just a bad button (Hardware)...it happens. What does it do if you hold the button down? Does it bring up the, "The Screen does not support split screen view,...." Screen?

You should notify samsung support and get a replacement device...."if they can't fix it of course." But it seems that's your only option, as you are outside of the normal return windows for carriers, I think.

Goto the bottom of the link's page below, and start a chat support.

Mobile - Cell Phones - Samsung Support

troyamiller

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, guys. I haven't chatted with Samsung themselves yet, but did do a support chat with AT&T. They came to the same conclusion... hardware. I know it happens, but it's pretty frustrating to drop $600 on a phone, absolutely BABY the thing, and this happens within 30 days. Gonna go to my AT&T store and see if they'll replace it with a new one...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12