Why won't my Galaxy S6 active let me download Facebook?

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why won't my galaxy s6 active let me download facebook?

I've never had the official FB installed on my S6 Active, after hearing of CPU/Memory/data usage, but maybe use an alternative for now:
Tinfoil for Facebook

I only login once a week (or less) but I just browse. It is fully featured enough for me.

Diamondsquare86

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

As an SEC for Samsung and recently this has been brought to our attention. We are trying to resolve the issue as soon as possible. After reloading the firmware and home/factory resets, updates, etc, it is determined that the issue has been escalated to Samsung and they are working to resolve it. Any update as to progress, I will attempt to post asap.

Thank you,
Matthew

sdba09

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Had the same thing happen to me today. Just happened to check my data usage and saw that the FB app had pegged my daily data usage, just as the app failed. Don't know if that has any significance.

MrGoldieLocks

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
You will need to install an older version of Facebook. I did this using Amazon Underground App.

Use the internet browser of your choice. Go to Amazon.com/underground and follow the instruction to install the app (you will need to allow Unknown Sources in your Security or Application settings). Log in with your Amazon account (or make one). Look for the Facebook App and download it. DO NOT UPDATE the app once asked to do so... Works fine ;-)

FJAS0612

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
You will need to install an older version of Facebook. I did this using Amazon Underground App.

Use the internet browser of your choice. Go to Amazon.com/underground and follow the instruction to install the app (you will need to allow Unknown Sources in your Security or Application settings). Log in with your Amazon account (or make one). Look for the Facebook App and download it. DO NOT UPDATE the app once asked to do so... Works fine ;-)

YEAHH!!....Facebook working in my S6 Active again...thanks MrGoldielocks

bobmurray1212

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Any word yet? Did this happen because of ATT lack of OS update for G6A? Still waiting for a Facebook update that will work with this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

SJHUNT305

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Samsung. He said to download an older version of the facebook app untill Facebook comes out with the new version for the samsung that works. Google - Facebook APK - then search for a version that starts with 52. That is the temporary fix till the new version comes out.

Kortega131841

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site

I am so having the same issue....while I can't figure out why...I can type in Facebook through the Google search bar and able to pull up my account and post and so on ......while that is very inconvenient ....has anyone called your service provider to see what they have to say? And is there a way to contact FB and find out why?

bobmurray1212

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Facebook update does not work fine. If you go into phone settings then go to accounts. Facebook is back but it will not allow you to update this with the phone. Notifications are lacking and contacts not updated. I just wish they could fix this whole thing. Never an issue before

DroidFromVA

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Several months ago, Facebook purposely messed up their app to run a social engineering experiment to see how loyal mobile users were. There's no need to roll back to an older version of the app since the "issue" has long since been fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463