Why won't my Galaxy S6 active let me download Facebook?

A

AC Question

Why won't my galaxy s6 active let me download facebook?

I recently bought a galaxy s6 active. I had Facebook on it. Just today Facebook started to say it wasn't connected so I Uninstaller it then tried to install it. When I go to it in the app store it says it's not compatability with my device...?

GreetingsFromAP

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why won't my galaxy s6 active let me download facebook?

I didn't uninstall FB yet, but I have been having the same problem since yesterday. It tells me it can't connect, but Messenger is working fine. FB everywhere else is fine too. Very unusual problem. Let me know if you got it working

Posted via the Android Central App

andyreed

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone actually answered this question? If so where do I find the answer because I uninstalled facebook and now it says not compatible .:mad:

1JillB

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Works on my S6 Active.

SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 ACTIVE is NOT compatible with the FACEBOOK APP. Nov 11, 2015.

MAL LIGNANT:
How does your Samsung Galaxy S6 Active use the Facebook **APP** when the developer page for the app says that it is NOT COMPATIBLE with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active?

Perhaps you are using an older version of the app and you have not updated to the new version.

For those of us that DID install the updated version of the Facebook APP on November 10-11, 2015, we STILL cannot access the app functions.

Like the OP, I also uninstalled the app because of many issues with the Comments and updating my Feed. I attempted to reinstall the app from Google Play Store but was stopped by a message from Facebook Developers that their app was "not compatible with your (my) device."

Does anyone KNOW any **productive** information about this situation? (By productive, I mean that I do not need to know if the app works on your phone!) There are several thousand of us that are having this issue with our Galaxy S6 Active phones. When will it be resolved, Samsung?

It is probably a SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 ACTIVE issue--not a Facebook APP problem. But, who fricken knows, at this point!

Thank you to those of you that post legitimately helpful information.

1JillB

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

Dear Tall Guy...
I cannot find your 'previous response.' Do you have legitimate information as to why the Facebook APP is not compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active phone?

If not, do you know where to access this important information?

Thank you.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Dear Tall Guy...
I cannot find your 'previous response.' Do you have legitimate information as to why the Facebook APP is not compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active phone?

If not, do you know where to access this important information?

Thank you.

strange issue, Works fine on my s6 active

Mal Lignant Tumor

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

Just to prove a point, I uninstalled Facebook. I then went to Play store to reinstall. SOB isn't there! Very interesting:( Maybe when we get 5.1.1 next year we will get it back.

GreetingsFromAP

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site

Ok so Android Central is crashing when I attach a photo, but yea the Facebook in the app store says "Your device isn't compatible with this version" The version is from Nov 11. I still have FB instants, but it doesn't really work. So weird

GreetingsFromAP

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site

Apparently Facebook made the Nov 11 version of the app incompatible with the s6 active on purpose. The app has issues and they are aware of it. To prevent people from downloading it and giving them bad reviews, they juat chose to limit who could download it. So I am sure the next release will fix it and that release should be in the next few days. A little time off from FB isn't such a bad thing

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

so the moral of the story is to leave the app alone for now

rmurphy1

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
FB has to fix the issue.
For now just go to Google & go to the FB website, login & add a shortcut to your home screen
At least you will be able to FB from your phone while you wait for the app to be fixed

Last edited:

James Caudle1

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site

Look I just want to let everybody know that I have the same problem with my phone but if you go on Google you can type in old version facebook app and it pulls all the old ones up the one on top is the most recent one that still works click on it and accept it and you will have your facebook back . Just do not updated facebook until the other version comes out or you will not have it again. The farther down the list the older the app is so make sure that you click the top one .

Ngan Menegay

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site

Apparently Facebook made the Nov 11 version of the app incompatible with the s6 active on purpose. The app has issues and they are aware of it. To prevent people from downloading it and giving them bad reviews, they juat chose to limit who could download it. So I am sure the next release will fix it and that release should be in the next few days. A little time off from FB isn't such a bad thing

Thanks for the info. I had to do a factory reset trying to fix a Bluetooth problem, and now I can't reinstall FB.

pineapplex

May 31, 2013
Visit site

I just noticed this lol. The app is garbage and has been for a while

bobmurray1212

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

It stopped working for me today. I deleted app and now get the my device is not compatabil. Facebook also no longer shows up on my phones accounts. I went to Google like suggested but I just brings me to the app that will not download. Sounds like a 5.1.1 issue. Maybe it will work again when and if we get the updates we were promised