AT&T S6 Active 5.0.2?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Just got an S6, again, after giving my last one to my daughter. ..brand new out the box, 5.0.2....says current is the latest, not able to upgrade. Hmm. Ideas?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Well....it looks like I won't be bringing it in after all! Dropped it today from my lap, onto my driveway...nothing dramatic, as I've dropped many phones before. This one, apparently fell JUST RIGHT and I lost all touchscreen capability. Did a reset through ADM, and still no go....purplish pixels started appearing on the side that hit. Wow, just wow! Ordered another one, hopefully it will be here soon....got a case for the next one though. :-D

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well....it looks like I won't be bringing it in after all! Dropped it today from my lap, onto my driveway...nothing dramatic, as I've dropped many phones before. This one, apparently fell JUST RIGHT and I lost all touchscreen capability. Did a reset through ADM, and still no go....purplish pixels started appearing on the side that hit. Wow, just wow! Ordered another one, hopefully it will be here soon....got a case for the next one though. :-D

Good luck! After I got my cracked screen replaced, I got a case for the phone too. It kinda makes you wonder, what is this "Rugged" design manufactured to withstand the elements mumbo jumbo. Its just an S6 with a thin plastic bumpy shell, physical buttons and larger battery.

Love the phone though.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Good luck! After I got my cracked screen replaced, I got a case for the phone too. It kinda makes you wonder, what is this "Rugged" design manufactured to withstand the elements mumbo jumbo. Its just an S6 with a thin plastic bumpy shell, physical buttons and larger battery.

Love the phone though.

Got the new one in today. Got a case on it. LOL

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Got the new one in today. Got a case on it. LOL

I use a thin TPU case as well. Mine has taken a few drops but looks new. Also have a tempered glass screen protector. No insurance though which is unusual for me. Have insurance on all of my other phones.

Posted via my S6 Active with Samsung Pay!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Got new phone in, on 5.0.2, this one says, same, current software up to date. Hmm. Definitely gotta go to best buy now. Weird.

peconicgp

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I went to best buy and had them do the update at the Samsung experience booth. Went quick but you need to make sure that they have the update for the phone already downloaded so either call ahead or understand that they may need to download it first which could take a while depending on WiFi speeds.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You want to stay at 5.0. Too many problems on 5.1 and ATT pulled the update.

I'm starting to experience some issues. Battery drain and occasional lag. As a day 1 updater of 5.1.1, I regret doing so and wish there was a way to roll back to 5.0. I suppose if I contact ATT warranty and complain about it, they would send me a replacement. I really don't have the desire to set up my device again. I hope Marshmallow arrives soon and fixes these issues.