Had a dud

peconicgp

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So I just had to swap out my phone today. Within the 14 days and went to swap for a new (Same phone S6 Active 64gb) but my previous phone had quite a few problems.

I had an issue where i couldn't get the phone to use any data over cellular or Wifi. Ended up taking to an AT&T store and they gave me a new SIM card and added a new APN. Turns out my phone had somehow switched to a "TrackPhone" APN. I had multiple issues with data and or MMS not working. I had a screen black out for like two hours with the phone being unresponsive. Just crazy stuff and the phone never updated to 5.1.1.
After talking again with an agent on the phone today he told me that my phone was set up as an "Unlocked" phone which is odd because i bought it from AT&T on the day the 64gb version was available. But he said it was always going to appear that way and problems could persist.

Here's to hoping for good luck with the new phone. Haven't received the new update on the phone i got today but that could take a bit.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
That's unfortunate. The only AT&T phone I've had (unlocked, being used on T-Mobile) also had issues with the default APN.
Let us know if you have any issues with this new one!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle