I forgot how awesome this phone is.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I was using the Priv for the last month and I got tired of the terrible cameras on the device and the physical keyboard I never used. I sold it on Swappa a couple of days ago.

Anyways, I dug my S6 active out of the drawer to use in the meantime and it's a fantastic phone. I've been averaging about a half hour of SoT per 10% battery drain. It's amazing. It's also refreshing to use a phone with amazing front and rear cameras. I don't know why I stopped using this device.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Samsung Galaxy S6 active.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Btw, I don't understand why this phone isn't considered one of the best Android phones of the year by Android websites. It's so much better than the regular S6 and I like it more than my Note 5.

Bradleykinz

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Btw, I don't understand why this phone isn't considered one of the best Android phones of the year by Android websites. It's so much better than the regular S6 and I like it more than my Note 5.

I think it is because most people seem to want a flashy and thin phone which to most the s6 active is not. I love my active, I bought it almost a week ago. The battery life is incredible.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I think it is because most people seem to want a flashy and thin phone which to most the s6 active is not. I love my active, I bought it almost a week ago. The battery life is incredible.

I had 3 hours of SoT yesterday and the battery was only at 50% when I put it on the charger at midnight. It's incredible.

Noah Evans

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I recently switched from a moto x pure to the S6 active and am quite happy with it. Camera, screen, battery life and active key are all decent to big upgrades. Build quality is a bit of a wash overall depending on what you like but I think I prefer the active. Software updates and maybe software in general are downgrades but my pure had gotten kinda buggy so overall it doesn't hurt too much. Overall, I think this is the best phone I have ever used and as long as the software doesn't get too buggy, I think I might be happy with it for a pretty long time (6+ months in my case).

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I recently switched from a moto x pure to the S6 active and am quite happy with it. Camera, screen, battery life and active key are all decent to big upgrades. Build quality is a bit of a wash overall depending on what you like but I think I prefer the active. Software updates and maybe software in general are downgrades but my pure had gotten kinda buggy so overall it doesn't hurt too much. Overall, I think this is the best phone I have ever used and as long as the software doesn't get too buggy, I think I might be happy with it for a pretty long time (6+ months in my case).

I plan on using my S6 active until the S7 active comes out. :)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Welcome back. I was kinda sad to see you return you priv cause I really wanted it to be super.

At least you have your active! The S6 Active also received 5.1.1 and Samsung pay while you were away. My S6 Active is not my usual daily driver but I keep it as a rugged outdoor/camping phone which I really do like it when I am using it. The battery life and camera are an unbeatable combination and the ruggedness and water resistance are icing on the outdoor cake for me! Overall a sweet device!

Posted via my Nexus 6P!

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Welcome back. I was kinda sad to see you return you priv cause I really wanted it to be super.

At least you have your active! The S6 Active also received 5.1.1 and Samsung pay while you were away. My S6 Active is not my usual daily driver but I keep it as a rugged outdoor/camping phone which I really do like it when I am using it. The battery life and camera are an unbeatable combination and the ruggedness and water resistance are icing on the outdoor cake for me! Overall a sweet device!

Posted via my Nexus 6P!

The Priv would have been great if the cameras were good. I couldn't justify keeping a $699 phone with terrible cameras and a pkb that I barely used. I hope BlackBerry gets another shot at the Priv next year and I hope it'll be amazing.

I didn't get the update for 5.1.1. I'm still on 5.0.2 and my phone is telling me there is no update available.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The Priv would have been great if the cameras were good. I couldn't justify keeping a $699 phone with terrible cameras and a pkb that I barely used. I hope BlackBerry gets another shot at the Priv next year and I hope it'll be amazing.

I didn't get the update for 5.1.1. I'm still on 5.0.2 and my phone is telling me there is no update available.

??? You did not get the update yet? I think it took a few days but I received it when I turned on my phone one morning (I turn my phones off every night).

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
??? You did not get the update yet? I think it took a few days but I received it when I turned on my phone one morning (I turn my phones off every night).

I traded my 32GB active for the 64GB active today and I still haven't been able to get the update. I thought I read AT&T pulled it for some reason...

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I traded my 32GB active for the 64GB active today and I still haven't been able to get the update. I thought I read AT&T pulled it for some reason...

Sweet on the 64GB version! I did not hear they pulled it. I wonder why? Mine was working fine the first few days. I activated and used Samsung pay to get a $50 best buy gift certificate!

sum1butno1

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Stalked you here after you said something about selling it lol, I don't suppose you've come camping so far as Southwestern Ontario, or have any sense of whether the AT&T exclusive unlocked would work on Canadian carrier Rogers? Been scoping phones for my dad since he's retiring and this one piqued my interest, but of course such novel gems rarely make it north of the border

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I know seems like so many promotions going on. I got a charging pad with my S6 and the 50$ Best Buy with my S6 Active. Out of Samsung phones to use...

How long did it take for your $50 Best Buy confirmation to come through? I've submitted a claim for activating Samsung Pay on my device to receive a $50 gift card....but nothing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante