Should I factory or hard reset my phone?

Munchkinerin

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I've had my galaxy s6 active for a week now and it is pretty laggy and glitchy, its nothing rediculously noticeable unless you know how fast it should be, but it is annoying and makes me want my s4 back. My dad and sister got the s6 active at the same time and theirs isn't like mine. Mines just slower at responding and things like getting texts. And sometimes it just randomly won't do something. For example I was just on Google drive and was trying to click the menu button and I couldn't. I had to restart the app. When I'm on chrome looking at a website it just randomly won't let me scroll up or down anymore, I have to reload the page.
I know there's a difference between factory, hard and soft reset but I'm not sure what. Ive only had it for 7 days so there's nothing I need on it. This is basically going to be my effort at resolving it before returning it. I want to reset everything. Files, cache, and system.
Any suggestions?

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
If you want to completely wipe the phone, factory reset will do it. It will be like when you first took it out of the box.

Posted via the Android Central App

Est_XCIV

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes my phone is so bad that if I want to press the home or power button for notifications, the screen lags and won't turn on for 5 to 10 seconds.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Let me guess your phone is running 5.1....?

Mine is for sure. I'm looking for a solution on how I can get back to 5.0 safely. I'm certain AT&T knows about an issue (which is why the update was pulled). Should I submit a warranty claim?

Submitted a warranty claim today. Waiting for a 32 GB, grey s6 active running 5.0.1.

Last edited:

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine is for sure. I'm looking for a solution on how I can get back to 5.0 safely. I'm certain AT&T knows about an issue (which is why the update was pulled). Should I submit a warranty claim?

Submitted a warranty claim today. Waiting for a 32 GB, grey s6 active running 5.0.1.

I wish I stayed on 5.0
Saw no improvements with updating to 5.1