my s6 active has poor call reception and drops calls, I find myself searching around my house for a good signal. I have a lumia640 that has better reception. s6 active is unlocked and running on gci.
    01-23-2016 02:52 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does it have a case? If so, try removing the case. Some metallic cases can interfere with cell signal.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-24-2016 03:25 AM
    no it does not have a case yet. ordered a tpu case and a screen protector but it is bare bones right now.
    01-25-2016 05:58 AM
    Strange the signal on my Active is just as good as my Samsung Note. I haven't heard of many signal issues. Did you try a factory reset yet?
    01-28-2016 06:23 AM
    Maybe it's a problem with the SIM card. When you compare the phone with the Lumia, is that after swapping the SIM card into that phone?
    01-28-2016 08:27 PM
    I was worried about my switch from Motorola to Samsung. In the past the samsungs never worked as good, but I think mine has better signal than the moto x.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-30-2016 07:46 AM
    my s6 active was running a new sim card provided by gci. they tried several times to get it to work properly we even took it to one of the local cell phone repair shops. what would happen, was every time the phone was re-hooked up it would work fine for a short time 15 min or so. I'm talking about the cellular and data. on wifi it was awesome. I like the phone so we called the vendor that I bought it from and they are being really good about it he is sending me a new unit.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-01-2016 12:53 AM
    Let us know how you make out with the new phone
    02-05-2016 01:51 AM
    I've been having issues with my call / data signal is well. Right now I'm in central Dayton Ohio and have two bars of service. 2 days ago I was in Indianapolis and could barely get the internet to work. I believe AT&T is throttling customers data again. You gotta think with all these little cell phone companies running off of AT&T towers that's gotta make a difference. I'm truly just tired of att. Soon as my contracts up I'm switching I love this phone but ever since I've signed a contract my service has been crap. Had A go phone for a couple years and never had any issues

02-15-2016 12:50 AM
    the new phone is awesome. it is the same model, s6 active- even the color is the same, I am currently running on data connection only because that was one of the areas the other phone had a problem and I don't drop calls anymore. it was a phone specific problem. I now have an unlocked s6 active running on gci which runs about half of what att would cost. I'm a very happy camper. my data is as fast as my laptop on wifi.
    02-18-2016 04:18 PM
    I've been having issues with my call / data signal is well. Right now I'm in central Dayton Ohio and have two bars of service. 2 days ago I was in Indianapolis and could barely get the internet to work. I believe AT&T is throttling customers data again. You gotta think with all these little cell phone companies running off of AT&T towers that's gotta make a difference. I'm truly just tired of att. Soon as my contracts up I'm switching I love this phone but ever since I've signed a contract my service has been crap. Had A go phone for a couple years and never had any issues

I would think you may have a phone specific or possibly weather related problem. I run through those areas quite often w/o issue.
    02-19-2016 09:57 AM
    S6A has rock solid rf performance. Anyone having issues, it is a device defect. Unless you're in a known area with poor signal
    03-06-2016 04:14 PM