86 MB software update 3-9-16

Jed Perks

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I noticed an update is available but no WiFi at the moment. Was hoping for the 6.0 of whatever the new version of Android is. Never use video calling...

Posted via the Android Central App

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Wi-Fi, updating it now. I'll let you know what it breaks in few....j/k. :p

2016-02-01 Android Security Patch Level
Build Number LMY47X.G890AUCU3BPB3

Maybe all phones need to have the latest Security Patch before going to Marchmellow?

Last edited:

Faelach

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Just installed it as well. I also have had 5.1.1 since the first time around (the update before they pulled it). I don't see any problems as of yet. I am hoping this helps the battery life somewhat.

Ryche

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I got the update a few days ago - same info as Law notes up above. Haven't noticed anything broken yet....

derekeh

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Me and my wife both received this update. Battery life immediately turned worse than normal. After updating all of my apps and a restart, it is better. Still not what it used to be though.

michael_vita

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully this means that the marshmallow update follows soon

S6 AT&T will be updating in the end of the month, so judging from the history, I don't think we can get M before June.

Even if they update to M, I will probably waiting a few more months to see if there is any root on 5.1.1, since I didn't see any feature I like from 6.0 yet. There are already a possible method for S6 AT&T here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-galaxy-s6/general/root-5-1-1-qa-oj7-root-snag-t3334546

markbc

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
S6 AT&T will be updating in the end of the month, so judging from the history, I don't think we can get M before June.

Even if they update to M, I will probably waiting a few more months to see if there is any root on 5.1.1, since I didn't see any feature I like from 6.0 yet. There are already a possible method for S6 AT&T here: [ROOT] AT&T S6 (g920a) 5.1.1 - Tethered … | AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6

This root method is for the plain S6 (g920a), but we have the Active (G890a). The processes are not fungible among models (please let me know if I missed something and they are!).

Since buying the S6 Active it has been the longest time that I have ever gone unrooted on an Android phone (about 8 months so far!). I, too, would jump at a chance to root this phone!

Up until now, I've (not so) patiently accepted the s-l-o-w ATT updates and used other methods to freeze the bloat as much as is practicable.

I think we may see Marshmallow, but probably about 60-90 days after the ATT S6
and S6 Edge get it. ;-(

N, on the other hand, is something that I may or may not see by the time my S6 Active phone is obsolete in a couple of years! -This is ATT after all.