I've tried everything. 10+ G free memory, wiped the cache partition, reinstalled and updated all stock apps, and at one point even did a factory reset. Before you ask yes it's an ATT phone ruining their network and is not rooted. It's running the version of android it came with in Septemberish 2015, it has an update available. However when it downloads the update it restarts says "update failed" and won't install it. After talking to ATT they say they can force the update, they tried and can't! So after talking to samsung they might as well have told be the politically correct version of [language redacted by Mod]. There is now yet another update but the phone won't do it. Should I give up, smash it, pay my deductible and never buy another samsung product again or is there a viable solution? Of course beyond everything I've already tried.
    03-11-2016 02:26 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Sorry to hear about the problems. Have you tried updating using Samsung Smart Switch? You might also try bringing it to your local Best Buy and ask the Samsung Store rep there to try updating.
    03-11-2016 08:08 PM
    Same problem, multible calls to ATT, tried manual push, robooting router at home, settings and apps all seem fine. Phone works fine on other networks, just no longer can use at home for anything except camera. Best Buy custoemr service sucks. Samsung says to send them the phone for 2 weeks. My husband got same phone same day, updated and works fine? Don't want to lose the phone for 2 weeks, what else can I try?
    09-11-2017 10:49 AM