Trying to transfer old photos to my laptop

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Hello all,

Last summer I switched from an iPhone 5c to a Galaxy s6 Active. All my iPhone pix were ported into my new device. The thing is, they're taking up a ridiculous amount of storage space, so I'm trying to transfer them into my laptop. When I connect the phone to the computer, I can't find them! They show up in my gallery on the phone, but I can't see them when the device is connected to the laptop, and searching for them by name didn't help.

What further information do you need? My phone carrier is AT&T and my laptop is a Dell that is running Windows 10. Any advice would be helpful.

:p Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Gallery is an app, it doesn't have a "place". IOW, any picture on the phone will show up in Gallery.) Find where the pictures are and copy them.

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
The problem is just that: I can't find where they are. I've checked every folder that shows up when the phone is connected to the laptop. I've looked in each folder as well as run a search for files named "IMG_". So how can I find them? They are not in the DCIM folder.

Mal Lignant Tumor

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Look for a file named SD card backup, or something similar. There is no SD card, but a file. I believe that's where the photos are stored. I don't have my phone in my hand right now.

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi Droid from VA,
Thanks for the tip, but the files are already on my Samsung device; I'm trying to get them off without losing them. I no longer have the iPhone from which they were transferred. I'm trying to find their location do I can move them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37