Wifi disconnects on MM

Roveer

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I've been testing a S6A with BB Enterprise server and one of the things that this software does is to create a persistant VPN to the back end to send secure email.

I've noticed that somewhere between 1-2 hours the VPN comes down and won't get reinstated until I wake the phone up. I've disabled all the power save modes, turned off all the doze optimizations and yet still the problem.

To test I ping the device across the vpn from the BES server AND ping the device on the local wifi. Again, after and hour or so BOTH ping test stop responding so I can't really blame this on the VPN, as the local internet connection is failing too.

I've got 3 other devices (bb priv, bb classic, bb Q10) set up exactly the same and ping tests do not fail.

Smart Swtich is turned off. AT&T Wifi is turned off is set to radio on, but the app itself is turned off.

Is there just something faulty with the wifi on the S6A? Also, when the whole thing fails, it does not auto switch over to cellular and bring the VPN back up, it just fails. That's probably the worst part.

I'm testing now on cellular with no wifi to see if the vpn stays up.

Is there anything else I can look at or try? Otherwise I can't use this phone the way I want and I do like the form factor and features of this phone. It's turning out to be a big disappointment.

Roveer

Roveer

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
So Frick'n weird...

I left the S6A at home today with a laptop set to constantly ping the phone. When I got home the ping test was 100% fail. I picked the phone up being careful not to touch the screen or any buttons and waved it around for a second or two and the ping test came back to life.

What is causing this phone to stop responding to network and then start responding again based solely on movement? It's 10 feet away from the WAP. All doze and power save options are disabled. AT&T Smart Switch is turned off.

Utterly frustrating.

Roveer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz