Should I buy at this point in time?

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I have found out that AT&T still has some 64GB Blue camo models in it's warehouse although they are long gone from stores. I'm eligible for an upgrade and they would want around $19 on Next.
Considering all the issues surrounding the S7 active, would it be a wise move to opt for one of these 64GB S6 actives before they are all gone?

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Decided to order one. I prefer the camera from the S6 to the S7 plus I'm hoping the S6 Active won't have the water resistant problems the S7 Active has. I still have my S7 Active so will switch when I get bored with one or the other.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The S6 active is still a great phone. I've heard that while the S7 active has better internals and a nice feel, the screen durability is lacking. Even though the S6 Active can crack, I haven't had a scratch.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
The S6 active is still a great phone. I've heard that while the S7 active has better internals and a nice feel, the screen durability is lacking. Even though the S6 Active can crack, I haven't had a scratch.

I'm sure it will be fine. I checked one out in a store about a year ago and my friend has one. I liked my regular S6, but got tired of charging it several times a day. With the 6.0 update the S6 Active got recently, it should be responsive enough for my use. I still like and will use my S7 Active, but I think I'll feel more comfortable with the S6 Active around water. I usually take pretty good care of my phones anyway so I'm not too worried.I guess if one were truly worried about their phone near the water, then the Cat would probably be the one to buy.
S60 Smartphone | Pre-Order Today for Delivery by End of August | Cat Phones

DroidFromVA

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I'd buy a 64GB S6 Active without hesitation. Since there is no 64GB model for the S7 Active, I'd hesitate to buy it, even though it has removable storage. With the update to Marshmallow, you can easily transfer files with a USB OTG cable and any USB flash drive. The S8 Active (or whatever) will likely have Samsung's new UFS version of microSD, which means the internal storage and the card will be exceptionally fast.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd buy a 64GB S6 Active without hesitation. Since there is no 64GB model for the S7 Active, I'd hesitate to buy it, even though it has removable storage. With the update to Marshmallow, you can easily transfer files with a USB OTG cable and any USB flash drive. The S8 Active (or whatever) will likely have Samsung's new UFS version of microSD, which means the internal storage and the card will be exceptionally fast.

That's a good point. After dealing with the hassle of adoptable storage, i don't feel confident about running apps from it. I've had some crashes and performance issues with Facebook.

I'd rather have 64 or 128gb of reliable fast on board storage than a mix of the 16 or 32 on board with 256 SD card.