Active stuck on November update

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I keep hearing about all of these updates that are coming out for the S6 active, but I'm still on a baseband version from November. I have not rooted nor done anything special with the phone, but when I try About Device->Software update and run a check, it just doesn't find anything new. My phone is working otherwise, and I have no flags on my AT&T account. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It looks like they just released an update today: att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KB426851 But these kinds of updates are usually in a rolling fashion, so it might not hit your phone for a few days or even a couple of weeks. If you don't get anything after a month, I'd contact AT&T and ask them what's up.

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I may contact them now, considering Marshmallow started rolling out at the beginning of July, but I'm still in Nov 2015's updates. Thanks for the help! :)

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I may contact them now, considering Marshmallow started rolling out at the beginning of July, but I'm still in Nov 2015's updates. Thanks for the help! :)
Yeah definitely man something is up. You should have Marshmallow by now and it is MUCH better than Lollipop IMO.

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey, sorry I disappeared (life got in the way and I just fixed the phone like a week ago). I needed to go to a Samsung rep at a Best Buy store so they could push the update without wiping my phone. I had tried a cache wipe, but was really not looking to dump everything (that's a 4 hour setup I'd like to skip). AT&T wasn't able to push an update without wiping the phone, but the Samsung kiosks at Best Buy are equipped for this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante