Phone Gallery and Facebook Photo selection not in sync

Ryche

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this - when trying to post a photo using the FB mobile app, the photos that display show up out of order, at least based on the "Most Recent" sort that the Samsung Gallery uses.

And if you've noticed this, any ideas on a cause or fix? It is a touch annoying sometimes to try and post a recent picture, only to have to scroll through a number of pictures to find the one you just took.

Android 6.0.1
Security Patch: Sept. 1, 2016

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are the photos you see before that also photos you took using the camera app, or are they images you might have downloaded to the phone from a website or an app? If you downloaded those images more recently than the photo you're looking for, then the downloaded images will probably appear first.

Ryche

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the thought. I double checked, but that doesn't appear to be the case. For example, in my phones gallery, I looked through the more recent pictures, and everything is in Chronological order, with the most recent pictures first (regardless of whether they were taken with the phone or a screenshot).

Facebook, on the other hand, uses the following Order:
Sept. 2016
January 2010 (Part 1 of a trip)
Sept. 2016
August 2015
January 2010 (2nd part of trip noted above)
August 2016 (full event 1)
July 2016
August 2016 (full event 2)
July 2015
August 2016 (full event 3)
July 2014

So not only is stuff coming up in a random order through FB, sometimes it is separating chronologically adjacent pictures (as noted with the January 2010 photos), and other times it is keeping all pictures from an event together.

At this point, I'm trying to figure out if the issue is Facebook's app or Android - and if it is Samsung or Android, if there are any options to resolve.

Thanks!

Ryche

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Nope - no photo edits. And definitely not the ones that are appearing out of order.

I even tried an uninstall/reinstall of FB, just in case that was the issue, but the same thing is occurring.

Ah well. It's a minor inconvenience, and one that can be lived with. Workaround is to upload photos from the gallery to my laptop, and then upload to Facebook from there.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Susan Grabert

Nov 3, 2021
Visit site
I have the same issue since switching phones. Last few photos taken are at the top but everything else is just random when trying to post on social media. If anyone has found a solution, please help. This is having an impact on my business.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae