Apps Trying to Download on Their Own

ozonemkr

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
There are eight apps (see list below) that keep attempting to download on their own. None of these have ever been installed on my device. I have turned off auto-updating in Google Play and the Galaxy App. As they show up in the status bar as "downloading" I swipe down to bring up the notification list and then tap on each app downloading individually and the download stops. I have reset my phone twice and this is still happening. How can I find out and fix what is causing this?

Apps Trying to Dowload:
- Spider
- Fun Kid Racing - Motocross
- Autumn Colors Match 3
- Mahjong Mania 2
- Underwater Garden: Hidden Bubbles
- Empire: Four Kingdoms
- Yahoo Mail - Free Email App
- Yahoo Aviate Launcher

10/28: I did what Jason suggested but none of that helped. I logged in on a browser and it did not show any of the apps and I also logged in on my phone, again, no apps. As I said, the apps have NEVER been installed before (I've only had one other device) and I need to add that this only started happening about two weeks ago. :(

Last edited:

jasonandrews25788

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I think you might have downloaded those apps before with your previous android devices. Can you try to log in to play.google.com on a computer's browser and check if it says installed. if it is installed then it could really mean they were downloaded on the previous device(which you can see also when you are logged in to a computer browser). I suggest go to playstore app on your current phone, then go to my apps&games, then go to ALL. look for it there and there should be an X button on the upper right corner of those apps. tap X button. reboot device and check if it still downloads. Hope this helps!

ozonemkr

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
As I had previously stated, NONE of the apps were ever installed on any Android device I've owned. I did as you suggested but it was a fruitless effort as it only confirmed what I already knew.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo