How to remotely unlock the screen pin on my phone?

A

AC Question

So after having recently had my LCD screen completely broken and lost all my data (Didnt have the Samsung 'find my mobile' set up) I am pretty keen to have my new S6 Active fully backed up and accessible remotely. The main issue i had with my old S4 is that the screen is locked. I understand that there is a feature on 'find my mobile' where you can remotely unlock the screen, however when i log in i cannot find it?

The phone is a Samsung S6 Active. I have logged in and set up find my phone on both my google and my samsung account.

I would appreciate any help in finding this so i dont lose all my data next time i bust my phone.

Thanks

Dan

juke_28

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Which site were you getting on to "find my mobile"? Google, Android Device Manger, and Samsung all have this option. The best chance you have is logging onto the android device manager site. Once there it should locate your active phone. Right beside the phone it is locating is a small arrow after the description. If you click that arrow it should list all the devices you have had on the android device manager. Once you find the phone you are looking for click on that one and then click lock. It should then have a section that says new password. Write in a new password then confirm it. Don't forget to write it down.... Then you should be able to unlock it with the new password.

Dantastic1985

May 4, 2017
Visit site
I was looking on the samsung site. Basically i have an old phone which i cannot use now as its smashed and locked, i didnt do all the 'lost my phone' shizz. On my new one i dont want a repeat situation especially as this one doesnt have a memory card slot (Honestly samsung wtf were you thinking?).

So I need to lock the phone on find my phone, then unlock it via a PC and then i can remove the screen lock?

Cheers.