how to unlock short message on samsung galaxy s6

A

AC Question

I blocked the short message by accident on my galaxy S6 Active. How do I change that. I have tried to find the applications manager that I have seen in other forums but can't find it, I don't think it is in the same place since the updates. Please help and thanks in advance.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Not sure what 'short message' is...SMS? Anyhow, apps manager is in Settings, Apps, Apps Manager if you have Nougat.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Georgiabell

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
19642536_1495081263869026_3263483920035013692_n.jpg

When I tried to text a short message to a 5 digit number a message popped up that said "Message service would like to send a message to 26739, Allow? This may result in charges"

I somehow blocked this service. I have seen in other sites how to unblock by going through Applications manager and then permissions, example:
Go to Settings>
Application manager>
scroll over to All >
scroll down to messaging>
scroll down to permissions>
make your selection. Allow all, ask, or do not allow.

I can't find this section on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Active, I could before the updates but not now.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I've moved your thread to the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active forum so more people who use this phone will be able to assist you.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 263033

When I tried to text a short message to a 5 digit number a message popped up that said "Message service would like to send a message to 26739, Allow? This may result in charges"

I somehow blocked this service. I have seen in other sites how to unblock by going through Applications manager and then permissions, example:
Go to Settings>
Application manager>
scroll over to All >
scroll down to messaging>
scroll down to permissions>
make your selection. Allow all, ask, or do not allow.

I can't find this section on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Active, I could before the updates but not now.

Welcome to the forums! You need to change the Premium SMS settings. See if these instructions work for you.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Fsupport%2Fskp%2Ffaq%2F1123042&token=iA3QQbZg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh man, those Samsung links use to give problems here. Try this.

Settings - applications - three dots top right - special access - use premium SMS service - message service and choose between the three options.

Raza ullah

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
I blocked the short message by accident on my galaxy S6 How do I change that. I have tried to find the applications manager that I have seen in other forums but can't find it, I don't think it is in the same place since the updates. Please help and thanks in advance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae