Has anyone had their battery replaced?

jake14mw

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

The main reason I bought an S6 Active from the beginning was the long battery life. The battery life was fantastic in the beginning, but over the past couple of years it has diminished to the point where I have to recharge during the day. I did some quick googling, and it seems like it's a harder battery replacement than most phones?

I would pay a decent amount of money to have my original battery life back.

Rob Chew

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Not on the Active, but last week I sent my S6 Edge to Samsung for a new battery. It was clearly out of warranty, but they replaced it free within 24 hours of receipt and it's on the way back. They also paid postage both ways. I also have an S6 Active, but the battery is still fine. If you really still like the device, just call Samsung support. They'll email you a return UPS label. Mine went to Irving, TX.

Rob Chew

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
As a follow on, I got my Edge back with a new battery. It's working fine and I can tell a big difference. They returned my charger and absolutely no marks on the device. I would give them a try with your Active. I couldn't have asked for better service.

jake14mw

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
As a follow on, I got my Edge back with a new battery. It's working fine and I can tell a big difference. They returned my charger and absolutely no marks on the device. I would give them a try with your Active. I couldn't have asked for better service.

Thanks for your feedback, I called them previously and said it would be $70 just to diagnose anything. They said that if the battery needed replacement, that the $70 would cover it, so that's not bad.

Rob Chew

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your feedback, I called them previously and said it would be $70 just to diagnose anything. They said that if the battery needed replacement, that the $70 would cover it, so that's not bad.
You're welcome. I think $70 is worth it to get another 2 years or so out of your device. I plan on keeping my S6 Active for a long time.