It does charge. I plugged it into a portable charger and it shows something is charging. If I leave it for a few days to drain the battery, I press power + home + one of the volume buttons ( can't remember) it shows a solid blue light. It does not respond to other button combinations.
    01-11-2018 08:35 PM
    It has to go to a repair shop, it's (evidently from your question) not something you can diagnose, so we can't guess what the fix is. A blue light getting brighter and dimmer means "storage access" (like the "hard drive light" flashing in a PC), but a solid blue light could be caused by any number of failures.

If you can boot into download mode (Volume-/Home/Power), you can reflash the ROM (which will delete everything, but it's probably already gone, so I hope you have backups of anything important). See [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.
    01-12-2018 12:00 PM
    Update. Nothing new except I think it is a mix of a blue and a red solid light making a purple light. I have told it could be the battery or battery cable. Anyone else have an issue like this?
    03-30-2018 12:44 AM