Tempered Glass Screen Protector s6 edge +

Tommy Bayshore

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Tempered glass protectors work, i personally dont use them because i hate anything on my screen but my wife has a Note 5 with a Tempered glass protector and she dropped it face down, she picked it up and the whole screen "looked' shattered, come to find out the screen protector shattered and the actualy screen was totally fine.

The plastic protectors like the one pictured above just look like absolute garbage if you ask me, just the same as these people that buy these nice phones and put a horrid Otterbox protector on it. Plastic screen protectors just have that blurry matte feel and look...horrible.

Xanthais

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Any word on this? I just got my S6 E+ last week and currently have the plastic film protector on it, but I feel like I'm handling it with kid gloves. I've had tempered glass protectors before and loved them.

Audiorage22

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I found my tempered glass on Ebay. There are many options ranging from around $15 to $40 and every one that I've seen looks identical. They all are the same thickness at .2 mm. I purchased the lowest priced one that didn't look fake at $22. I also purchased a tempered glass for my wife's s6. The quality of her $7 glass is almost double of what money is. These edge plus tempered screens feel okay but they are very close to plastic and they Crack extremely fast because of the curves. I'm on my second one and I've not dropped my phone once. Luckily, the seller sent me a new one free because my first cracked in two days. I'm also waiting for better options but am still using this eBay tempered glass.

JHFabian

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm also looking for a tempered glass screen protector, I have found a few from JETech and other brands on Amazon but they are colored at the bezels, are there any that are clear and transparent throughout the whole protector? I notice almost all of the tempered glass protectors for the s6 edge+ have colors on the non-screen areas, but for example usually the gold color on the protector will not look as sleek and shiny as the one on the phone.

JHFabian

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm also looking for a tempered glass screen protector, I have found a few from JETech and other brands on Amazon but they are colored at the bezels, are there any that are clear and transparent throughout the whole protector? I notice all of the tempered glass protectors for the s6 edge+ I have seen so far have colors on the non-screen areas, but for example usually the gold color on the protector will not look as sleek and shiny as the one on the phone.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I just received my InSkin Tempered glass protector. It covers the entire front, including the top around the earpiece speaker, and the bottom around the home button. It is black above and below the display, so it has two small clear spots in the shape of the soft keys. The backlights are supposed to shine through, so you can still see the keys. They weren't quite positioned correctly. You either lined up the soft keys perfectly and the home button got jammed down because the hole was too high, or lined up the home button hole and the soft keys were hidden.

I tried to move it around until it was close to both, but it cracked.

I emailed them and got a response within minutes. They are sending me another one. Great service, considering they technically didn't have to do anything once I cracked it trying to reposition it.

Once thing I did notice was that it had a noticeable grid pattern visible with the display off. I think it's so the touches carry through to the digitizer underneath. You couldn't see it with it on though....unless you are viewing a black image. It may bug me enough to take it off when I put the replacement on.

We shall see.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I really like tempered glass and have been using them since they became available.
I have purchased 3 different ones, 2 from ebay and 1 from Amazon. The 2 from ebay never arrived and I received full refunds.
I think what happened was the ebay sellers were buying from the same manufacturer and anticipating delivery while taking orders from consumers.
The shipment appeared to be delayed leaving a lot of us holding the bag (probably just as well). One of things that ebay sellers can do is to provide a tracking number but not necessarily ship the product. They just list the tracking number from the carriers pre-marked parcel and hold it until there is something to put inside.The they drop it off and the process moves forward. In both cases I was provided a tracking number but was unable to track due to nothing actually shipping.
I later ordered from Amazon and it eventually arrived. I think it was from the same manufacturer as the ebay sellers.
The item for the most part was a piece of junk.
- Sparkly black top and bottom bezel area, looked cheap.
- There was a lip on 2 corners where the bend was made for the edge. Kinda like the effect you get when you try to bend something thick that does not want to bend.
- Air bubbles between the layer of glass and whatever protective layer they put under the glass.
- Fit was ok around the edges but the home button and the back button, etc. cutouts did not line up.
Long story short, I don't think there is a really good tempered glass protector for the Edge Plus as of yet.
Just about every review on Amazon and ebay suggest we stay away until one of the reputable manufacturers start making them...if thy do.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I really like tempered glass and have been using them since they became available.
I have purchased 3 different ones, 2 from ebay and 1 from Amazon. The 2 from ebay never arrived and I received full refunds.
I think what happened was the ebay sellers were buying from the same manufacturer and anticipating delivery while taking orders from consumers.
The shipment appeared to be delayed leaving a lot of us holding the bag (probably just as well). One of things that ebay sellers can do is to provide a tracking number but not necessarily ship the product. They just list the tracking number from the carriers pre-marked parcel and hold it until there is something to put inside.The they drop it off and the process moves forward. In both cases I was provided a tracking number but was unable to track due to nothing actually shipping.
I later ordered from Amazon and it eventually arrived. I think it was from the same manufacturer as the ebay sellers.
The item for the most part was a piece of junk.
- Sparkly black top and bottom bezel area, looked cheap.
- There was a lip on 2 corners where the bend was made for the edge. Kinda like the effect you get when you try to bend something thick that does not want to bend.
- Air bubbles between the layer of glass and whatever protective layer they put under the glass.
- Fit was ok around the edges but the home button and the back button, etc. cutouts did not line up.
Long story short, I don't think there is a really good tempered glass protector for the Edge Plus as of yet.
Just about every review on Amazon and ebay suggest we stay away until one of the reputable manufacturers start making them...if thy do.

That's the exact same one I received. Sparkly top and bottom, and the cutouts didn't quite line up.

Audiorage22

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
What's worse is the one I ordered was supposedly "clear" but it still has a sparkly accent where the buttons are and the camera and symbol are. There is a cut out portion where the home button is. The back and multiple window symbols are not lined up correctly. It looks really cheap but feels okay when using it. But I have to agree, I will not purchase another until a reputable company decides it's worth making one.

RDamon Salvatore

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
There are many protectors on amazon.You can find a new one has many reviews and choose a good one.
But i think protector which can anti-blue light is great.
This protector can protect your eyes.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
There are many protectors on amazon.You can find a new one has many reviews and choose a good one.
But i think protector which can anti-blue light is great.
This protector can protect your eyes.

You have to watch the reviews on Amazon though. If you look at all the 4 or 5 star ones, the reviews are for that protector for ANY phone they sell it for, NOT specifically the S6E. They all show up in the S6E version. If you look, there are few if any for the S6E.

RDamon Salvatore

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
ok, this situation due to S6E is new type. And one S6E design with radian.So the protector has many question.
But i think the fit protector is becoming soon.:-*

Audiorage22

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I can't post links yet but I found a screen protector on Amazon for the Edge Plus that has decent reviews. Search "Pleson Screen Protector Galaxy S6 Edge Plus" on Amazon. Right now, it is on sale for Prime members. Although it's a film, it seems to keep people happy. And at that price, it's worth a shot. I will update when I receive and install.

Audiorage22

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Alright...I received my screen protector from Pleson. I really thought it would be of better quality based off reviews. It is curved to help completely cover both sides but is very flimsy and not an easy install. The plus side is it does not have a rubbery feel like the Zagg skins. It is plastic so feels smooth in comparison. For such a low price, it is a good alternative to the cheap tempered glass options out there. It also comes with a back screen protector, cleaning wipes, well.

Posted via the Android Central App

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i dont recommend any with colored edges. I got one with very nice tempered glass but the colored glass around the edges covers the edge screen too much. Theyre hiding something. Look for completely clear tempered glass with no borders of black or white, trust me.

Posted via the Android Central App

AJ Bankston

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
How is SquareTrade? Are they reputable? Have you actually filed a claim with them yet? I had a similar company a couple years ago and they refused to replace the phone and did a crappy repair job so it ended up not being worth all the discounts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34