Andrew, please help with the Youtube Live Streaming

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Edge+ on Monday and I'm trying to get the Youtube Live Streaming to work. Here's what I do:

1) Open camera app with double press of Home button
2) Select MODE and select Live Broadcast
3) Camera app switches to Live Broadcast interface and shows the Disclaimer and asks me to AGREE. I click AGREE.
4) Camera app shows a pop up and asks me to sign in to Youtube. I click Sign In and put in my Google e-mail and password.
5) 2-Factor authentication gives me a code and I put it in. Seems to work okay.
6) Mini Youtube browser pops up and says "You are already enabled for this feature". Message disappears but mini browser stays open on top of camera app.
7) To close the mini browser, I have to hit the Back button. After hitting Back button, pop up reappears and asks me to sign into Youtube again.
8) This process is an endless loop and I cannot get the Live broadcast to work. It keeps asking me to sign in and then tells me I an enabled, but then pops back up again.

Tried force closing camera app, clearing camera app data, rebooting phone, signing out of Youtube and back in again. Not sure what else to try? I'm thinking either 1) there is an authentication problem between the Samsung camera app and my Youtube account, or 2) Live Broadcast just isn't working yet?

Andrew, have you gotten it to work yet or given it a try?

Thanks!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Edge+ on Monday and I'm trying to get the Youtube Live Streaming to work. Here's what I do:

1) Open camera app with double press of Home button
2) Select MODE and select Live Broadcast
3) Camera app switches to Live Broadcast interface and shows the Disclaimer and asks me to AGREE. I click AGREE.
4) Camera app shows a pop up and asks me to sign in to Youtube. I click Sign In and put in my Google e-mail and password.
5) 2-Factor authentication gives me a code and I put it in. Seems to work okay.
6) Mini Youtube browser pops up and says "You are already enabled for this feature". Message disappears but mini browser stays open on top of camera app.
7) To close the mini browser, I have to hit the Back button. After hitting Back button, pop up reappears and asks me to sign into Youtube again.
8) This process is an endless loop and I cannot get the Live broadcast to work. It keeps asking me to sign in and then tells me I an enabled, but then pops back up again.

Tried force closing camera app, clearing camera app data, rebooting phone, signing out of Youtube and back in again. Not sure what else to try? I'm thinking either 1) there is an authentication problem between the Samsung camera app and my Youtube account, or 2) Live Broadcast just isn't working yet?

Andrew, have you gotten it to work yet or given it a try?

Thanks!

This is not a Samsung issue, I experienced the same trying to set the Sony Xperia Z3 feature that basically does the same, back in Sept/Oct. last year. I can't remember exactly the steps I did to fix it, but was nothing on the phone, so save some time and don't keep changing settings on the phone, that's not it. What I remember the most was something related to the way Google/YouTube handles the login and I think some permissions, so explore that and please post back your results so others can have the solution once you find it.

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I thought maybe it was 2 factor authentication that was causing the problem, so I created an app specific password. Tried that but then it told me I need to use my regular Google password.

Looked all over in the YouTube settings but everything looks good. Live streaming is enabled and working in a browser on my pc. If you think of what you did to fix it, please post it. If I figure it out, I will post back here as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I got it working! I searched for similar issue with Xperia and found out it was because I have more than one YouTube account on my Google profile (because of google+). Once I enabled YouTube live streaming on my Google+ YouTube account, it worked flawlessly. Only problem is that I don't want to stream to that amount... I want to user my actual YouTube account. Still trying to figure out how to switch accounts from the camera app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I also have 2 YouTube accounts linked to my Google account and yes, I remember that it was related to something like that but really can't remember what I did exactly, I'll try to see if I posted my findings on this or other forums, if I find something I'll let you know here.

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I spend quite a bit of time today trying to figure out a solution to this problem. The good news is that I got Live Broadcast to work from my phone. The bad news is that it's using the wrong Youtube channel. I have a Google account that has a default Google+ youtube channel, and then I have my main Youtube channel that has a username instead of my real name. That channel has all of my videos, subscriptions, and the like, so that's where I want my live broadcasting to go to.

Unfortunately, the camera app on the S6 Edge+ doesn't seem to want to use that channel no matter what I do. I can get the little mini browser to sign out of my default channel and login with the right Youtube channel. But then I just get a message saying "This feature is already enabled" and then it just loops again trying to sign in. Only when I switch back to the other Youtube channel will it live broadcast.

I tried to work around this by migrating my Google+ youtube channel around, but I ended up getting timed out by Google, and now it won't let me delete or change the channel. Apparently there is a week delay before I can make changes again. I think what I need to do is "move" the Youtube channel I want to use to my main Google+ account profile, thereby deleting the Youtube channel I don't use that was created by default with my Google+ page. I don't know, this is all so confusing with Google integrating Google+, Youtube, pages, profiles, channels, etc. This whole mess started when they forced everyone to use Google+.

So while I wait a week to move my channel, I'm just going to play around with the Live broadcasting on the wrong channel.... at least I can have a little fun with it privately.

Thanks for the help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2