Note4 Edge owner upgrading, Note 5 or GS6 Edge+??

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
My thinking is that I'm used to the edge feature and would miss it going to Note 5, but would I really?
Also don't use the S pen much either....
I'm in same boat, love my Note 3, but don't use the S-Pen

Kinda want the Edge+ but worried it'll be too much like the S6 with all the bugs and problems

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I have a Note Edge. I don't know when I'll be upgrading but definitely at the end of the month so I'll let you know how it goes if you don't do it before me. I'm keeping my Note Edge though, in case the new phone slides downhill and I don't like it.

cwoms197

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I would personally get the note 5 only because of the fact it still had the s pen and the edge + apps for the edge screen are not as advanced/ capable as they were on the note 4 edge. That was more or less just a test device for Samsung. So if you used the pen alot I would go with the 5.

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, pre-ordered the gs6e+ to take over from my note 3 but I'm still contemplating just picking up the note 5 on Friday instead. I don't use the spen on the note 3 much anymore now that I have a note 10 2014 edition to jot down notes and like the edge + looks, just wish Samsung would have threw an spen on it like last year!

Posted via Android Central App

anon(25362)

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Same boat - coming from Note 4 though. The S6E+ looks dope but they are so similar really. I have seen some say holding the edge is a little less comfortable in the hand. Don't use Spen often - so thats not crucial. I'm leaning Note 5. Just wish the battery had more capacity.

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
If you don't use the S-Pen and like the curved Edge screen, then get the Edge+.
If you don't use the S-Pen and don't use the Edge screen, then get the Note (it is ergonomically easier to hold onto, reportedly).
If you use the S-Pen, obviously get the Note.

I went with the Edge+ because I don't want the S-Pen and really like the Edge screen. The Edge features aren't really that useful for the most part, but I just like the curved glass and the way the phone looks. Yeah, it's mostly a cosmetic reason, but there's nothing wrong with that.

kidstechno

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Note 3 user here. I was contemplating getting the Note 5 but I find I use the pen very little on the Note 3 I have now. Went to check out both the Note 5 and 6 Edge+ and man, that curved screen is gorgeous. Now I'm torn!

Posted via the Android Central App

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the Note Edge. I would choose the Edge+ because I use the Edge screen more than I use the S-Pen. The edge screen is perfect as my alarm clock at night, whether I am home or traveling. I also use the edge screen to change Spotify tracks without leaving the main screen. I rarely pull out the S-Pen.

With the Note Edge I don't have to choose between edge screen or S-Pen. I also like being able to swap out the battery and immediately have a full charge. The one feature I really want that the Note Edge won't ever have is Samsung Pay with MST and NFC. With MST I could stop carrying a credit card and just carry my phone and driver's license. Even if I decided I wanted the Note 5 or Edge+ I wouldn't upgrade now for one simple reason: not enough storage. Between 32GB on the phone and the microSD card I am currently using 70 GB of storage. Until Samsung releases a 128GB variant I won't switch.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I have the Note Edge. I would choose the Edge+ because I use the Edge screen more than I use the S-Pen. The edge screen is perfect as my alarm clock at night, whether I am home or traveling. I also use the edge screen to change Spotify tracks without leaving the main screen. I rarely pull out the S-Pen.

With the Note Edge I don't have to choose between edge screen or S-Pen. I also like being able to swap out the battery and immediately have a full charge. The one feature I really want that the Note Edge won't ever have is Samsung Pay with MST and NFC. With MST I could stop carrying a credit card and just carry my phone and driver's license. Even if I decided I wanted the Note 5 or Edge+ I wouldn't upgrade now for one simple reason: not enough storage. Between 32GB on the phone and the microSD card I am currently using 70 GB of storage. Until Samsung releases a 128GB variant I won't switch.

Rumor has it the Edge functionality on the S6+ would be a major let down to Note Edge users. I can't wait to try out both when I get back from training. I've been avoiding most of the Internet so I can make my own judgement.

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Rumor has it the Edge functionality on the S6+ would be a major let down to Note Edge users. I can't wait to try out both when I get back from training. I've been avoiding most of the Internet so I can make my own judgement.

I'm hoping with more people using edge screens more apps would be developed utilizing them.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm hoping with more people using edge screens more apps would be developed utilizing them.

Aye, me as well. I did a little bit of research on the new Edge screen, and it sounds like somewhere to just pin a few apps and contacts, but I'm hoping that's not the case.

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
think I'm going with the Edge+, phone just looks so dang good. Felt fine in the hands. Note 5 is nice, but I want something different I think, no need for the pen (almost never use it)

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My thinking is that I'm used to the edge feature and would miss it going to Note 5, but would I really?
Also don't use the S pen much either....

I have the edge + and have been a note user in the past but like you started to not use the s-pen hardly at all. The edge + is just like the note without all the S-pen features. It runs just as fast and operates just as well as the Note 5. The online pics of the dual curved screen does not do it justice, so many people are just amazed at how good the screen just looks and pops. Looks better than the regular S6 edge.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I had the Note 3, gave it up because of the flaky GPS. Went back to Apple. I didn't use the S-pen that much, could do w/o it. Once the Note 5 is in a case, looks like the traditional form factor, like what I have now and the Note 3. The Edge+ is different, tech advanced. In a case that shows its "lines", it still is NOT the traditional smart phone. I am leaning twords the Edge +. Still need more input on battery life & GPS.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the Note 3, gave it up because of the flaky GPS. Went back to Apple. I didn't use the S-pen that much, could do w/o it. Once the Note 5 is in a case, looks like the traditional form factor, like what I have now and the Note 3. The Edge+ is different, tech advanced. In a case that shows its "lines", it still is NOT the traditional smart phone. I am leaning twords the Edge +. Still need more input on battery life & GPS.

Battery life is good IMO(not S6 Active good but good) and Ive had no problems with the GPS on my At&t Version. It locks fast and able to get my location with little effort in rural Louisiana for my Facebook and Google+ check-ins and google maps.

Kenneth Munson

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I had a Note Edge. Never used the S pen. Just got the s6 edge+ and I love it. Only wish the edge+ side launcher allowed for more than 5 application shortcuts.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma