Impressions and day 1

Hughey79

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I also got mine yesterday. Went with the 32gb model in black. Verizon sent it out Monday. Needless to say I was anxiously waiting for FedEx yesterday afternoon.
I charged it up first before going through set up and for some reason it came with a 4g card in it but Verizon sent another one with it. I don't know why. I swapped out for the one that was not in the phone. Once it was charged I called into Verizon to get it activated. That took a bit as the card was not activating very well. I also had to do two factory resets in order to get through the entire set up properly with Samsung and google. Once that was done it was all smooth sailing. I got the phone on around 3-4 and put it on the charger around 9 or so. I used it a lot obviously getting it all set up the way I wanted and getting apps loaded and logged into. I did disable and delete a few apps that were on the phone. Games etc. Running with 20gb left. All my music and files are in Google cloud.
Today I took it off the charger at 830 and am still running it now and have not topped it off or anything. Used YouTube, gmail, social apps but not Facebook, and misc. other things. Have not any issues today and am very pleased with the phone and its battery life. Have not had a Samsung in a long time so hoping I do not regret this purchase. Going to hold onto my old phone the HTC M8 for a few more days before shipping it back just to make sure I am satisfied.
In comparison to the M8 it is night and day different. Holding the M8 feels so odd and old style sadly. The screen alone makes a heck of a difference and the software so far is great. I did turn on developer options and moved all animations to .5 from 1.0.
I went the first evening without a case and it is slicker than crap to say the least. Today I received the black rubber case that is from Verizon not an actual Samsung official case. It definitely helps with the slipperiness it has. I am happy with the case but at the bottom its a little on the weak or flimsy side. Oh well.
Any questions let me know. I am getting old cause I am getting really into this stuff and digging what I can do with the phones these days.

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Can you take some pictures and see if your having a hard time rotating them and other things into landscape. Been some reports of this not going into landscape like the S6 Edge did.

Posted via the Android Central App

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like activating this phone was a chore for some people, including me. It took me over an hour on the phone with AT&T to get mine activated. I think perhaps the carriers weren't ready for the phone yet.

The phone is definitely a little slippery, like many phones made of glass and/or metal. Right now, I'm using mine naked but I definitely being very careful. I have a Spigen case on the way, but I'm also thinking of getting one of the S-View clear cases because I liked the S-View case on my S6. On the other hand, using a case on this phone is a darned shame because it is so beautiful and sleek without one. Maybe I'll just get insurance on it and keep it naked...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513