One Handed Use

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
For those of you who went from the S6 Edge to the S6 Edge+, is using this phone one handed difficult? (Or awkward?)

My biggest concern is being able to use this one handed but at the same time I'd really enjoy and benefit the extra screen space. I just don't want to use two hands for everything.

Any feedback or concerns on one handed operations?

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the same concern. I have the nexus 6 and love that phone. More responsive then my s6 edge. I also have no problem with big phones but find myself using the edge almost every day. Simple one handed use was more important to me then I had realized.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Liberation

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My previous phone was the M8 and I've been using the Edge+ since Wednesday and it's definitely....big. I've never been a huge fan of the bigger phones and thought the size of my M8 was the sweet spot but once I saw the Edge+, I felt like I had to have it!

One handed use is defintely more challenging and awkward. Getting to the top and far left of the screen with my thumb can be difficult and still a work in progress for me. I don't seem to have it down fully yet but I'll give it a few more days before deciding.

I own an Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer, so, I'll try out our Note 5 demo and S6 Edge demo in comparison probably on Monday and see what the verdict is then.

Other than than that, the phone is awesome!

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I came from a Nexus 6 and I find the size of the S6 Edge much easier to use one handed. I tried using the one handed functionality in the S6E+ but I didn't think it was necessary.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I think it depends on the size of your hands and fingers. I happen to have mits the size of meat platters, so I can reach the corners if I really stretch. It's not easy, but I can just get there.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I decided to try one out. I'm still kind of undecided. I *love* the extra screen estate. But it really is harder to navigate than the s6 edge. Typing seems fine on it, but if I need to tap something towards the top of the screen..that's not an easy thing. heh.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
For anyone who cares (or might care) I decided to go with just the S6 Edge. Found the Edge+ to just be too clunky, whereas the S6 edge seemed to be just right. Also felt like I'd use the normal edge more in the end of the day.

TheGreatUnknown

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I've owned large screen phones since owning the Note 4, went on to the iPhone 6+, now currently test driving a Note 5, have an S6 Edge+ on the way. I could never go back to less than a 5.5 inch screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
For anyone who cares (or might care) I decided to go with just the S6 Edge. Found the Edge+ to just be too clunky, whereas the S6 edge seemed to be just right. Also felt like I'd use the normal edge more in the end of the day.
I like that Samsung is selling you essentially the same phone in two sizes. No compromise in camera etc. Just wish they had put that extra gig of memory in the smaller s6s.

I have come to the realization that there is no perfect size for me. Some times I would rather have a smaller phone and others a larger device. If I'm in a hurry and doing lots of stuff I prefer smaller. If I'm lounging around and reading etc I prefer larger. If I must pick one I'll go with the larger.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power