anyone not happy with it?

edgy6

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
It's stellar to look at but some minor issues are making me rethink the phone. I'm sort of luke warm toward the phone when I am actually using it and it is missing several things that most hands on videos said it would have. This is my first time with a samsung phone (other than the galaxy nexus which doesn't really count) and I'm not sure if I'm just not warming up to the UI or what. I'm curious as to whether fans of the UI are not as pleased with this phone as they thought they might be.

Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Which features are not there that you were expecting?

Also, you can try switching launchers if you're not a fan of TouchWiz. Most use Nova or if you want a completely different phone, try Themer (although not sure if it supports the Note 5/S6 Edge + yet...it took them a couple months to update for the Note 4).

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Only thing I'm not happy with is these wireless charger and fast cable charging issues.... other than that it's my favorite phone out of all the ones I have owned.

Posted via the Android Central App

edgy6

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I saw a couple of early hands on vids that said you would be able to put 10 contacts on the edge, also, that there would be more options than just call text or email for edge contacts. I saw one where you could put commonly used functions on the other edge opposite the ppl and apps edge.

Most of the hands on vids decsribed streaming as seemless but video buffers often for me and I doubt it's my internet or wifi causing it because my tv, Ipad and PC stream without issue.

Also, is there a wifi setting that I have not been able to locate that will enable my phone to reconnect to my wifi after I return home? So far I am having to do it manually and I can't seem to make any setting fix this.
I also did not expect cell standby to eat my battery overnight.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine last night and love it. I used my wireless charger from my s6 edge and it charged all night and kept the charge till I took it off this morning. I'm actually very pleased with the phone.

jeslevine

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I am extremely happy with the edge+. One issue I am not too happy about is if you disable FlipBoard, you could loop around the pages in a circular fashion continuously, where it would always return you to the start screen. This was the way it worked on the Note 4, so this is most likely a function of TouchWiz rather than the phone

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Pleased as punch with mine. After loading it up with all my apps and files it hasnt slowed down even a bit. Im still surprised and very pleased with this phone overall.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I saw a couple of early hands on vids that said you would be able to put 10 contacts on the edge, also, that there would be more options than just call text or email for edge contacts. I saw one where you could put commonly used functions on the other edge opposite the ppl and apps edge.

Most of the hands on vids decsribed streaming as seemless but video buffers often for me and I doubt it's my internet or wifi causing it because my tv, Ipad and PC stream without issue.

Also, is there a wifi setting that I have not been able to locate that will enable my phone to reconnect to my wifi after I return home? So far I am having to do it manually and I can't seem to make any setting fix this.
I also did not expect cell standby to eat my battery overnight.

I think you might've been misled by those videos. I watched multiple (like seriously, 20+) unboxings / reviews of the S6 edge+ and not a single one of them ever mentioned the 10+ contacts or most commonly used function opposite the edge functions. This is the first time I'm hearing of these features anywhere.

On the other hand, I would check your wifi settings if I were you because as long as your wifi settings are saved and scanning is turned on, the wifi should reconnect as soon as it's in range (same as all other smartphones). Cell standby battery life is completely dependent on your carrier, if you're a spotty area (especially if it's spotty LTE) then it will eat your battery, regardless of the phone model.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's stellar to look at but some minor issues are making me rethink the phone. I'm sort of luke warm toward the phone when I am actually using it and it is missing several things that most hands on videos said it would have. This is my first time with a samsung phone (other than the galaxy nexus which doesn't really count) and I'm not sure if I'm just not warming up to the UI or what. I'm curious as to whether fans of the UI are not as pleased with this phone as they thought they might be.

Thanks

If you don't like it then get something else. I love my Edge Plus.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it's not like anyone that bought the s6e plus 64gb couldn't afford any other phone on the market right now. It is more expensive than any other mainstream phone available... I bought it because I think it's the best. If you don't think it is go ahead and downgrade to a cheaper phone...

edgy6

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
hmmmmm thanks so much for saying if you don't like it, get a different phone rather than addressing any specifics. I'm not the only person having wifi and battery issues. A simple I haven't had any issues would have been cool.

Arlene619

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I've only had my phone for the days now.. the battery is ok. I'm having issues with call quality while on bluetooth in my car. I've never had issues with my note 1 or 3. I'm thinking I got a bad phone or do I have to change some settings??? I'm not tech savy so I don't know what to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance