I'm hoping to get my s6 edge plus by Sept 4th on o2. I've been giving it a go in the shop and I've got a query about the Slo mo recording. Although impressive when you switch to that mode it seems to go blurry like it's downgraded. Appears to turnout OK though. I asked someone in the shop about it and he said it's probably because it was a retail unit. Just wondering what people are experiencing who actually have the handset. Can't wait to get it, seriously impressed by it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-31-2015 04:04 PM
    SloMo recording does reduce the resolution to 720p, but the end result still looks great. The preview when recording is also further degraded a bit, and the more light there is on the scene, the less degradation the processing causes in the end result.
    sketchedout likes this.
    08-31-2015 04:13 PM
    Thanks, yeah the end result looked good but there is an obvious shift in focus when switching to it. Thanks for letting me know it seems fine though when played back

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-31-2015 04:30 PM
    Yup, that's a trade of of SloMo. It does need more processing, so it won't do fullHD. Also, the more light it has, the better it will look because the software won't have to compensate a lot for dark scenes (which will look 'blurrier'), and remember that since the phone is shooting at a much higher framerate, 'dark' can be an indoor-lighting scene. That's why videos taken with high-def SloMo cameras like the Phantom system always need to either be in direct sunlight or to have extra light sources illuminating the scene.
    sketchedout likes this.
    08-31-2015 04:44 PM