Anyone Using a Unlocked Edge+ SM-G928C in USA With At&T?

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone here is using a Unlocked Edge+ SM-G928C or any other unlocked version of the S6 Edge+ on At&t in the USA and if so if they have any issues? I am thinking about ditching my At&t version for the Unlocked non Bloat Wear Version but I want to make sure I can still get all the updates okay and signal strengths okay, Wi-Fi works good and Ect.. Also best place to buy? There is a person on Ebay who has some listed for $799 who is USA seller and I think I have dealt with before but don't know if that is good deal? Any help is appreciated. Just tired of At&t and their non updates and bloatwear!

Last edited:

noir24

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the SM-G9287 on AT&T and have had no issues. Once I powered on the phone and got it online it also received a few updates right away so doesn't look like there is any issues there.

JoeCoe420

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure what the 7 stands for after the 928. Is that an unlocked version? I don't have the edge+ yet, I'm ordering it today or tomorrow. Just haven't desided with carriers I'm going with. I like to stay of contract and hop from Verizon and sprint. Carrier bloat hasn't been an issue as much for me because for the most part it can be romoved. Were i live Verizon by far is the dominant carrier and sprint is next then att and T mobile last. So this time with att and all the hype they made about there signal improvements I thought I'd give them another chance. Plus Verizon and the locked bootloader and always last for updates got frustrating when I had my Note 4 so I'm using a verizon phone on att network lol it's a joke signal is still bad. Went from 5 bars always on verizon to 2 or 3 with att. So they still suck there. Now I have ran into so huge issues that bother me and since in the first post he mentioned issues with his phone and I'm about to order a att edge + I think I need a little more info before I purchase the att version. So the issue I have on my edge with att are all basically call related and anyone having a factory unlocked phone might be able to help as well like for instance when I make a call and Hut dail and I've counted it takes between 20 to 39 seconds before the line rings this phone on verizon about 5 max. Vary noticeable for me. Other issues are now and then it my phone thinks I'm making a international call or sometimes I get no Sim errors. Or if I miss a call I can't just click on the missed call to dail it I actually have to type it in at times because when I just click on it it goes right back to thinking I'm placing an international call. Vary iritating if u ask me. I know its not the phone because it doesn't do it on verizon the biggest thing that urks me about this phone and it is this phone is I can't make a call and use Internet at the same time, so people said with HD voice that fixed it well I I had HD voice on verizon and no fix. From what I've read as far as my other issues call related is each network optimize the phone to there on work best on thete network. So even if u can use a different carrier phone on a different network it isn't always gonna work the way it's supposed to like I can't just dail *611 anymore either. So that was why I wad gonna get the att version edge + another thing to consider per carrier beside their pretty installed apps is they tend to remove Samsung pretty installed apps as they see fit like att got rid of most Microsoft apps I think and most carriers removed one drive which offered 15o gig free storage to new s6 users when it came out and put there garbage cloud apps on instead not sure what comes on an unlocked phone or what's removed if anything but even my drop down menu has quick connect and S search removed on it but still have download booster. Even though I might have removed them myself or never used at all it's not the point and maybe unlocked phones is the way to go for me, now but some carrier apps I actually do really like and use like the my account and verizon navigation I think it better then Google maps not happy with 9.9o a month but it is better and faster to navigate and is rarely wrong Google maps is iffy sometimes. As far as Ota software updates are concerned I always thought I had to take out my sim and put it that carrier one like Verizon Sim to get my update then after it done I put my att one back in? Because if I could just leave my att sim in and hit update it would be much better. How does that work for a unlocked phone? If u take a update from att on ur phone doesn't that put the att software on ur phone as well because I know when rooted u have to have ur carrier firmware right or u could brick ur phone. How does it work on an unlocked phone? You can't just pick and choose what carrier firmware u want to choose and usually I've only seen firmware for the big 4 carriers except with the note 4 developer edition, but that in my opinion is a different version phone all together like edge and edge+ we can't use each others firmware. So the updating process for an unlocked phone I'm curios about and if I can leave my sim in when I'm ready to install 5.1.1

Posted via the Android Central App

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
When I had the regular S6 edge, I got it in Europe because I wanted faster updates and less bloatware. It worked great here, although the signal strength meter always showed lower than it really was.

Having said that, now that the Edge+ has 4GB of RAM, the bloatware really doesn't bother me. So it's just the updates and the fact that it's network unlocked. Depending on why you're considering this, you may want to first try out a regular one if it's only the bloatware. I've pretty much always got at least 1.4GB RAM free.

jon luna

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes , I just recently bought one for my wife.. I bought from Amazon model SM G928C. I made a big mistake, its a international model. The seller STRAIGHT TRADING INC. on Amazon doesn't mention the samsung 6s plus is international model. We can NOT do video calls . I tried to call Samsung , NO HELP ..Pretty much screwed out off $800 bucks .IF THERE IS A WAY TO FIX THE VIDEO CHAT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Contact the seller they should take it back. Most of the online retailers are good. I got a 928c and was wanting a 928i or 9287 and the seller on Amazon was very good about taking it back but I hadn't opened the seal or anything.

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the SM-G9287 on AT&T and have had no issues. Once I powered on the phone and got it online it also received a few updates right away so doesn't look like there is any issues there.
noir24 where did you get yours? I can't seem to locate one but maybe its because I want white.

Rancousar

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Just bought an SM-G928G no Samsung Pay. Does not show up in the play store. However, when I link to the store from Samsung.com, it shows Samsung Pay with a message "Device not compatible". Downloaded the sdk file installed but get error message to update to latest os version. Latest already installed. Can anyone help. Thanks.

evolvedsapien

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello kind folks; a few questions if you guys could please help. I am looking to purchase this one from eBay Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM G928C Factory Unlocked 5 7" QHD Choose A Color | eBay

1.) What exactly are the difference(s) between Model #'s SM-G928C / SM-G9287 ??

2.) Will T-Mobile's Wi-Fi Calling work on this ?

3.) I am currently using a Unlocked iPhone 6s that I purchased directly from The Apple Store and Wi-Fi calling works great on it ... so am curious if I pop in my T-Mobile sim-card into the Galaxy s6 edge Plus if Wi-Fi calling will work ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude