Weird issue with my display....

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Noticed it didn't seem right. Took out the Note 4 and did a side by side. Clearly defective so I'll be calling Sprint tomorrow. Tried every display setting I could think of and nothing helped. What is going on here....and idea? Thanks

290.jpg289.jpg288.jpg287.jpg279.jpg

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Try turning off the edge screen features. I bet your screen issue will go away.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah he shouldn't have to do that for his display to work right.

Posted via the Android Central App
It does it on mine too. More specifically, it's the edge night clock that's causing the issue. It appears to be a software issue, not a hardware issue. Turn the night clock off and all is well. Turn it on and the screen has issues after unlocking.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
It does it on mine too. More specifically, it's the edge night clock that's causing the issue. It appears to be a software issue, not a hardware issue. Turn the night clock off and all is well. Turn it on and the screen has issues after unlocking.

I've actually had some people come to my store because of that.. A replacement is definitely due in order. Mine doesn't have those issues

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah my first one didn't either neither did the one I'm on now. That would be going right back for an exchange that in no way Is normal or acceptable... take it back....

italygrl1

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Mine was doing that with my videos last night. I was watching today and they were fine again but should I swap my device before the return period is over?

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Try turning off the edge screen features. I bet your screen issue will go away.

I did a factory reset. The very first thing I did was download the apps that I would recognize the issue on and went straight into the bathroom with the lights off. The problem was there immediately. The issue is still there with all of the Edge settings turned off as well

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine was doing that with my videos last night. I was watching today and they were fine again but should I swap my device before the return period is over?

I've noticed you can only see these issues at night. It has to be a low light setting.

italygrl1

May 5, 2014
Visit site
How should I rectify this issue?? Take the brightness of auto at night? It doesn't do it all the time..just randomnly.

italygrl1

May 5, 2014
Visit site
You can see the distortion off to the left in a screen shot I took of the blacklist. Mostly dark videos I see it.

Edit: Once i posted it you cant see it anymore and when i resumed the video it wasnt doing it anymore

Attachments

• 2041.jpg
    2041.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah there is no way I'd settle for that when the phone is so expensive. No one should....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay