Buying an unlocked S6 Edge +

quesawea

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Im in the us looking to buy an unlocked version of the S6 edge+ with not carrier bloatware and hopefully bootloader unlocked so I can root in the future?

Which model should I be looking for? G928C? G928I? G9287?

Also looking to the 64gb Gold model which seems to me is very hard to find.

Thank you

MikezDroid

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Im in the us looking to buy an unlocked version of the S6 edge+ with not carrier bloatware and hopefully bootloader unlocked so I can root in the future?

Thank you
Ye the G928 on amazon.

Sent from my Edge+

MikezDroid

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site

Thank you
Check G928g on amazon.
No carrier firmware. International unlocked
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=i...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4667945

Sent from my Edge+

Last edited:

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Check expansys-usa.com. They offer a large selection, including the 64g G9287.
Have you purchased from them before? I was looking at them before you posted this and was wondering if they were reputable? I was also looking at Overseas Electronics based out of Chicago, IL welelectronics.com is their website they have them their as well. Just want to make sure when I buy a unlocked bloat free one I am getting the right one?

Last edited:

DoctorJay

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes - I bought my dual sim Galaxy S6 Edge+ from them. I placed the order just before noon one day and it was in my office about 10:00am the next day (using overnight shipping). Phone has been great - no problems at all.

quesawea

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Just an update:

I went ahead and put an order for the dual sim version (G9287) at expansys-us.com since that was the only one they had at 64 gb and gold.
After more than a week, they still havent ship my product because they can't find a reseller. I will be canceling the order and look other places.

There's the G928i version in ebay, is this one bloatware free and bootloader unlocked? also unlocked?

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Just an update:

I went ahead and put an order for the dual sim version (G9287) at expansys-us.com since that was the only one they had at 64 gb and gold.
After more than a week, they still havent ship my product because they can't find a reseller. I will be canceling the order and look other places.

There's the G928i version in ebay, is this one bloatware free and bootloader unlocked? also unlocked?
I ordered a white unlocked G928 International Gsm version 32gb from Amazon seller is Overseas Electronics It will be here on Friday. I am so excited!

quesawea

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
That's great!

I ordered from ebay overseas, should be here by the end of next week, do you think I will get taxed by us customs? I used a duty tax calculator and it came of to be tax free. Idk if you have any experience on buying personal electronics overseas.

Man, im excited aswell, I have been trying to get this phone for more than 3 weeks now. It would also be my first android phone, finally switching from apple ( had the 5s)

I think we both ordered the same model, the G928i.

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
That's great!

I ordered from ebay overseas, should be here by the end of next week, do you think I will get taxed by us customs? I used a duty tax calculator and it came of to be tax free. Idk if you have any experience on buying personal electronics overseas.

Man, im excited aswell, I have been trying to get this phone for more than 3 weeks now. It would also be my first android phone, finally switching from apple ( had the 5s)

I think we both ordered the same model, the G928i.
No Overseas Electronics is a business out of Illinois welectronics.com is their actual site but I bought on Amazon, they just sell phones that are international versions so no taxes. Mine is a G928C

echelone

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
No Overseas Electronics is a business out of Illinois welectronics.com is their actual site but I bought on Amazon, they just sell phones that are international versions so no taxes. Mine is a G928C

When you get the phone, can you help check if there is Samsung Pay in this model?

echelone

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Can you help check if there is Samsung Pay in the "C" model? Thanks so much!

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I sent mine back to Overseas Electronic it was a model from Dubai I was very leery of opening it and using it. Plus they took over a week to get it to me and in that time some on ebay were listed for almost a hundred dollars less but if they are also from Dubai I am not sure if they are worth getting either. UGH! I want a white one and the only 928i listed anywhere that are white are in hong knong and I don't know if it would take a while to get. Anyone have any ideas?

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the double post but since I returned the Dubai phone I have been searching high and low for another option other than getting another g928c it just doesn't seam like anyone has any other unbranded unlocked models right now in white. I don't want to have one shipped from Korea or HongKong. Any help please.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis