Anyone else see blotches on their screen while outside in full brightness?

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Just curious if this was normal. Go outside in indirect sunlight, crank up brightness to 100%, then open a browser or anything that has a white background.

Do you see any grey blotches or discoloration?

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It's not really worth my time to get it exchanged, just wondering if this is a standard behavior with the Edge phones. My Note2, 3, 4 didn't have this problem.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting the same thing on my regular s6. It's been happening for my first s6 and I got a replacement and still have the exact same problem but it's even worse on the 2nd one. I don't mind it too much though because it's only when the screen get super bright in the sunlight on a light background

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
well, I showed my screen to a tmobile employee and they are sending me a new phone.

It's on every phone, so you're wasting your time if you are going to try and get one without it. It's just a side effect from their sAMOLED production on the new phones.. it's every device..

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It's on every phone, so you're wasting your time if you are going to try and get one without it. It's just a side effect from their sAMOLED production on the new phones.. it's every device..

which is the reason for my original post. I never saw this on my N2, N3, N4, S4, S5.. I showed the guy a tmobile and they just said we'll send you a new one.

But apparently it's not on every phone. BBSeatle doesn't have this problem. :)

seb1987

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine last we bought in Manchester came to Cornwall for a week difference in weather is unreal but Web searching noticed these blotches. So I stopped in Truro yesterday to get it replaced and the replacement has the exact same issue. Ive also checked my mother in laws which exhibits the same issue Ime leaning on it being a samoled issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC